Modelsim6.2f with gcc 3.4.4-----for SystemC simulation

Neha

Hello.

I need to use Modelsim 6.2f to simulate systemC modules. However, I
have g++ 3.4.4,(x86_64 system) and according to its release notes ,
Modelsim does not support g++ 3.4.4.

I downloaded SystemC-2.2 library, and it works fine with g++3.4.4
I cannot use Modelsim though.

Is there something I can do to overcome this? For instance, is there a
way of pointing out the Installed systemC library to Modelsim?

I'd be thankful for any advice.

....Sorry if this is not the correct forum to post doubts on SystemC.

Regards,
Neha

NigelE

Hello.

I need to use Modelsim 6.2f to simulate systemC modules. However, I
have g++ 3.4.4,(x86_64 system) and  according to its release notes ,
Modelsim does not support g++ 3.4.4.

I downloaded SystemC-2.2 library, and it works fine with g++3.4.4
I cannot use Modelsim  though.

Is there something I can do to overcome this? For instance, is there a
way of pointing out the Installed systemC library to Modelsim?

I'd be thankful for any advice.

...Sorry if this is not the correct forum to post doubts on SystemC.

Regards,
Neha

Hi Neha

ModelSim g++ support on x64_86 linux is as follows:
6.2 : 3.2.3 (32 bit only) and 4.0.2 (32 & 64 bit)
6.3 : 4.0.2 only
6.4 : 4.0.2 and 4.1.2

I'm afraid there is no flexibility due to the integration of the
SystemC simulator into the ModelSim kernel and debug environment

regards

- Nigel

HT-Lab

Neha said:
Hello.

I need to use Modelsim 6.2f to simulate systemC modules. However, I
have g++ 3.4.4,(x86_64 system) and according to its release notes ,
Modelsim does not support g++ 3.4.4.

I am not sure what you are trying to do but remember that Modelsim uses its
own gcc version. So you can continue to use g++ 3.4.4 with OSCI and switch
over to sccom when you need to run it on Modelsim. The only problem you
might hit is the same as you can get by switching between g++ versions.

There is an option to use another gcc version (search for CppPath in the
user manual) but the manual recommends against doing this,

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Neha

Thanks Hans,
That solved the problem.

I changed the g++ path from the compiler options dialog box to point
to the g++ (3.4.4) installed on my system.