MSSQL 2000 logon failure after .NET2 Framework installation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Um9tYW4gVHJvc2hrb3Y=?=, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. Hello,
    I Hope to see any opinions on this problem:

    After installing Net framework 2 on one of our Win2003 Web server I have
    experiencing trouble accessing MS SQL 2000 database.
    Configuration is:
    ASP.NET application is running on WEB server with application pool security
    account set to “Network Serviceâ€.
    This application accessing MS SQL 2000 server databases located on another
    server.
    Access permitions on databases set for “webserver$“computer account.

    There are two MS SQL server instances on one computer. ASP.NET application
    accessing database in one SQL (A) instance and database in another SQL (B)
    instance (naming instance).
    On SQL(A) instance there is “Linked Server†configured and pointing to SQL
    (B) instance.

    There are number of SQL views on SQL (A) instance having
    “SELECT a, b, c FROM OPENQUERY( [SQL (B) instance], SELECT ..) INNER JOIN
    SQL(A)instance.database… “
    in it. So we able to request linked data from two server instances in one
    SQL view.

    Everything works fine on .NET 1.1.
    After installing “.NET 2 framework†everything was working for some time
    but after about a day I started receive “Logon failure for webserver$ †on
    SQL(B)instance.
    I am still able to request data from both databases but not from these
    linked views.

    I guess this begun after some “optimizations of .NET 2†I have seen in event
    viewer.

    After uninstalling .NET2 framework off the server and reinstalling ASP.NET
    everything starts working again.

    Excuse my English please.

    Thank you for help in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9tYW4gVHJvc2hrb3Y=?=, Nov 17, 2005