MSSQL 2000 logon failure after .NET2 Framework installation

Guest

Hello,
I Hope to see any opinions on this problem:

After installing Net framework 2 on one of our Win2003 Web server I have
experiencing trouble accessing MS SQL 2000 database.
Configuration is:
ASP.NET application is running on WEB server with application pool security
account set to “Network Serviceâ€.
This application accessing MS SQL 2000 server databases located on another
server.
Access permitions on databases set for “webserver$“computer account.

There are two MS SQL server instances on one computer. ASP.NET application
accessing database in one SQL (A) instance and database in another SQL (B)
instance (naming instance).
On SQL(A) instance there is “Linked Server†configured and pointing to SQL
(B) instance.

There are number of SQL views on SQL (A) instance having
“SELECT a, b, c FROM OPENQUERY( [SQL (B) instance], SELECT ..) INNER JOIN
SQL(A)instance.database… “
in it. So we able to request linked data from two server instances in one
SQL view.

Everything works fine on .NET 1.1.
After installing “.NET 2 framework†everything was working for some time
but after about a day I started receive “Logon failure for webserver$ †on
SQL(B)instance.
I am still able to request data from both databases but not from these
linked views.

I guess this begun after some “optimizations of .NET 2†I have seen in event
viewer.

After uninstalling .NET2 framework off the server and reinstalling ASP.NET
everything starts working again.

Excuse my English please.

Thank you for help in advance.