    but when I refresh the page, I can view the data from the XML document. Does
    anyone know a cause of this and how can I resolve it? My web app is running
    on a total of 2 servers and I'm only having this issue on one of my servers.

    Mike, Sep 5, 2008

  2. "Mike" <> wrote in message
    news:OK$...
    >I have an asp page that is calling the msxml2.dll to open a XML file. When
    >I load the page for the first time I get
    >
    > msxml3.dll error '80070005'
    > Access Denied Error
    >

    > but when I refresh the page, I can view the data from the XML document.
    > Does anyone know a cause of this and how can I resolve it? My web app is
    > running on a total of 2 servers and I'm only having this issue on one of
    > my servers.

    It might help if you showed us some code and pointed out the line in ASP
    where you get the error.

    I have seen this sort of thing when a site has got inconsistent security
    configured in its folder or files.

    For example, a folder is added to the site but whilst users in general have
    access to the folder the need to allow the anonymous user access to the file
    has been overlooked. No one notices because the site is an intranet and an
    authenticated connection is created silently when a user visits this folder.
    Now the user visits an area where users in general have not been granted
    access but the anonymous user has. The request fails because the user has
    an authenticated connection but no access. A refresh is successful because
    the previous error has caused the connection to be dropped and the new
    connection uses the anonymous user.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Sep 5, 2008

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Here is the line of ASP code that is error is referring to;

    sub GetFile()
    dim objXML
    set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument")
    objXML.async = false

    ** this is the line that the error is referring to
    if objXML.load(Server.MapPath(getFilePath()&_pcrfilename)) then

    end if
    end sub

    Mike, Sep 8, 2008
  4. Mike

    msxml3.dll Guest

    msxml3.dll, Sep 24, 2008

    aydın bostancı, Sep 24, 2008
  6. Mike

    Timm Krause Guest

    I have the same error, but other code (ASP Classic):

    objSoapRequest = Server.createobject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")

    This line produces the error.

    Any ideas?

    aydnbostan wrote:

    RE: msxml3.dll error '80070005'
    24-Sep-08

    "Mike" wrote:

    On Friday, September 05, 2008 3:23 PM
    Mike wrote:

    msxml3.dll error '80070005'
    I have an asp page that is calling the msxml2.dll to open a XML file. When I
    load the page for the first time I ge

    msxml3.dll error '80070005
    Access Denied Erro

    but when I refresh the page, I can view the data from the XML document. Does
    anyone know a cause of this and how can I resolve it? My web app is running
    on a total of 2 servers and I'm only having this issue on one of my servers.

    "Mike" <> wrote in message

[...]

    On Monday, September 08, 2008 12:50 PM
    Mike wrote:

    Here is the line of ASP code that is error is referring to;sub GetFile() dim
    Here is the line of ASP code that is error is referring to

    sub GetFile(
    dim objXM
    set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"
    objXML.async = fals

    ** this is the line that the error is referring t
    if objXML.load(Server.MapPath(getFilePath()&_pcrfilename)) the

    end i
    end su
    "Anthony Jones" <> wrote in message

    On Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:16 PM
    aydin bostanc wrote:

    RE: msxml3.dll error '80070005'
    "Mike" wrote:

    On Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:56 PM
    aydnbostan wrote:

    RE: msxml3.dll error '80070005'
    "Mike" wrote:

    C# Dev Guide to ASP.NET/ADO.NET/XML
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b75c-62447b32e36f/c-dev-guide-to-aspneta.aspx

    Timm Krause, Jan 11, 2010
  7. Mike

    Dan Guest

    Why are you using a component that isn't designed for use on a server? It's
    not thread safe. You should be using the ServerXMLHTTP object.

    And are you getting the same error as the post you replied to (which is well
    over a year old!)? If so, why are you using msxml3? Why isn't version 6
    installed on the server?

    Dan

    Dan, Jan 11, 2010
  8. Mike

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Timm Krause wrote:
    > I have the same error, but other code (ASP Classic):
    >
    > objSoapRequest = Server.createobject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
    >
    > This line produces the error.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    When assigning an object to a variable, you _must_ use the Set keyword.

    Set objSoapRequest = Server.createobject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows, Jan 11, 2010
  9. Mike

    Evertjan. Guest

    Bob Barrows wrote on 11 jan 2010 in

    > Timm Krause wrote:
    >> I have the same error, but other code (ASP Classic):
    >>
    >> objSoapRequest = Server.createobject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
    >>
    >> This line produces the error.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > When assigning an object to a variable, you _must_ use the Set keyword.
    >
    > Set objSoapRequest = Server.createobject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")

    .... when using VBS.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.