    We have a development iis6.0 server. Multiple programmers are developing independent applications. Non are sitting on the machine they all develop on their own system. Regularly they try to debug and receive the following error
    Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. A debugger is already attached. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?
    Does this mean each developer must run IIS on their own computer?

    DaveK, Jul 29, 2004

  2. you should post it in the IIS group, but I think i tried to do that once and
    you have to configure a couple of things in IIS to make the debugger work,
    no piece of cake though.

    Santiago J. Crespo Mothe, Jul 30, 2004

  3. DaveK

    Chris Barber Guest

    IIS does not support multiple debug sessions and whilst debugging, other users of that webserver may
    experience problems with pages not being returned.

    The best form of debugging is in local mode on their own local PCs - just set the Interdev project
    into 'Local' mode.

    Chris.

    "DaveK" <> wrote in message
    We have a development iis6.0 server. Multiple programmers are developing independent applications.
    Non are sitting on the machine they all develop on their own system. Regularly they try to debug
    and receive the following error
    Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. A debugger is
    already attached. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this
    project?
    Does this mean each developer must run IIS on their own computer?

    ---

    Chris Barber, Jul 30, 2004