Multiple frames and scrolling?

pelakh

I would like to create a document containing two frames, in a vertical
split, as follows
| <Prev> <Next> |
| <Anchor 1> |
| <some text> |
| |
| |
| <Anchor 2> |
| <some text> |
| |
| |
| |
| <Anchor 3> |
| <some text> |
| |
| |

And I need to have the <Prev> and <Next> buttons scroll the bottom
frame to show the previous/next anchor.

Here is the tricky part - I know how to do this when placing the two
frames into separate URLs. What I would like two do is to have it ALL
in a single file, so I can serve it up with one request. Perhaps frames
isn't the right mechanism, and I should be using some sort of embedded

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, (e-mail address removed) vouchsafed:
I would like to create a document containing two frames, in a vertical
split,
And I need to have the <Prev> and <Next> buttons scroll the bottom
frame to show the previous/next anchor.

Here is the tricky part - I know how to do this when placing the two
frames into separate URLs. What I would like two do is to have it ALL
in a single file, so I can serve it up with one request. Perhaps frames
isn't the right mechanism, and I should be using some sort of embedded

You'd need javascript to do that. Might want to check at
comp.lang.javascript.

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ Neredbojias ] on Wednesday 26 April 2006 13:10 \__

I would like to create a document containing two frames, in a vertical
split, as follows

| <Prev> <Next> |
| <Anchor 1> |
| <some text> |
| |
| |
| <Anchor 2> |
| <some text> |
| |
| |
| |
| <Anchor 3> |
| <some text> |
| |
| |

The top part can be turned into a float (absolute position) without the use
of server side includes, frames, or iframes. See more ideas below.

To further the education of mankind, (e-mail address removed) vouchsafed:

You'd need javascript to do that. Might want to check at
comp.lang.javascript.

An old and deprecated CV of mine < http://schestowitz.com/CV/CV.htm >achieved
something similar. Set your browser to pretend to be Internet Explorer
(please don't ask why) and access the page.

Now, notice the JavaScript function in the source code. It achieves staged
scrolling to the anchors and you could probably embed the buttons in a
float. Use CSS to ensure the buttons always hover on top and are located at
the top

Hope it helps,

Roy

Jose

I would like to create a document containing two frames, in a vertical
split, as follows
| <Prev> <Next> |
| <Anchor 1> |
| <some text> |
| |
| |
| <Anchor 2> |
| <some text> |
| |
| |
| |
| <Anchor 3> |
| <some text> |
| |
| |

And I need to have the <Prev> and <Next> buttons scroll the bottom
frame to show the previous/next anchor.

How about

| <Anchor 1> |
| <some text> |