Multiple web project Assemblies in same bin folder.

zeyais

The way I understand is that one web project has only one bin directory
and all reference and project assemblies sit in that bin directory.

Scenario is this. I have two web applications (lets say a.dll and b.dll
in their respective bin directories.) but my host will only allow one
application folder. Now is it possible to have a.dll and b.dll sit in
the same bin directory and perform their functions while the aspx are
contained in other directories of the same application? (Ref. to
directory tree below.)

Eg. of the directory tree.

/AppDir/
/bin/
a.dll
b.dll
/AApp/
a1.aspx
a2.aspx
a3.aspx
/BApp/
b1.aspx
b2.aspx
b3.aspx
default.aspx

Thanks for any assistance.

Guest

First off, a host that doesn't allow you to define multiple application
starting points (IIS applications) should be seriously questioned as to their
viability. I know of at least 2, one of which I use for experimental work,
that allow this for as little as $15 / month on a shared hosting basis.

Having said that, simply put all the dlls in the Main /bin folder, and have
all the respective aspx pages in subfolders do their thing. The subfolders
would not be marked as IIS applications.

Hope that helps.
Peter

zeyais

Thanks Peter for your response.

If I understand correctly from your response:
1. All I do is add my second web projects DLL in the main bin directory
2. Add the second web projects folder to the main project's tree

And I do not need to mark second folder to be an Application or a
virtual directory. I can share the same web.config for both projects.

Please confirm.

Thanks again.