MVC web-framework with RESTfully Decoupled Views?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alec Taylor, Dec 7, 2012.

  1. Alec Taylor

    Alec Taylor Guest

    I have used a variety of different MVC web-frameworks.

    My current methodology for web and mobile [PhoneGap/Cordova]
    development is as follows:

    Web framework (MVC)

    1. Write the Models (db schema stuff)
    2. Write the Controllers (manage interface between models and views,
    or just expose certain data; e.g.: RESTfully)
    3. Write the Views (HTML &etc for presentation to the viewer; usually
    includes a seamless Template, Form and Auth layer from the framework)

    JavaScript framework (MVC)

    1. Write the Models (for storing what the controllers grab)
    2. Write the Controllers (grab required stuff RESTfully, also do
    sanisation type stuff [pun intended!])
    3. Write the Views

    >-----------<

    It seems to me that I would be much better served by a web-framework
    which integrates decoupled Views. This would shorten development time
    and prevent pseudo double-typing.

    Are there any Python web-frameworks which has added functionality for
    generating decoupled views?

    Thanks for all suggestions,

    Alec Taylor

    BTW: Full disclosure, also posted this on stackoverflow:
    http://stackoverflow.com/q/13761200
    Alec Taylor, Dec 7, 2012