    4 or 5 email accounts with web based email, and be under $20 a month. The
    cheaper the better though.

    Any help is appreciated!
    Monkeymoo, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Monkeymoo

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    "Monkeymoo" <> wrote in
    news:HEw1c.68948$:

    > I've been out of the scene for a couple of years and need some
    > suggestions for a decent web host. It will need to hold a site that's
    > maybe 10mb max. Don't need anything fancy like CGI or anything, but it
    > would be nice to have 4 or 5 email accounts with web based email, and
    > be under $20 a month. The cheaper the better though.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated!

    I've had good experiences with godaddy.com. Their $3.95/month ("Junior")
    hosting plan sounds like it would meet your needs (if you do want CGI and
    150MB, it's a whopping $8.95/month).
    Eric Bohlman, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Monkeymoo

    Monkeymoo Guest

    Thanks for the reply. How can they offer domain names for $8.95? Doesn't
    the NIC charge $35 a year? How do they get around that?

    Monkeymoo, Mar 4, 2004
  4. "Monkeymoo" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply. How can they offer domain names for $8.95? Doesn't
    > the NIC charge $35 a year? How do they get around that?

    You should get out more. ;-)

    Seriously, they haven't been the only player for a very long time. The
    average price for a domain name now is about $10 a year.

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - since 1997
    Problems with your current host?
    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Mar 4, 2004
  5. On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 02:38:31 GMT, "Monkeymoo" <>
    wrote:

    >I've been out of the scene for a couple of years and need some suggestions
    >for a decent web host. It will need to hold a site that's maybe 10mb max.
    >Don't need anything fancy like CGI or anything, but it would be nice to have
    >4 or 5 email accounts with web based email, and be under $20 a month. The
    >cheaper the better though.

    EV1 (formerly RackShack) has $6.49 domain names:
    http://www.ev1servers.net/english/index.asp

    I use Host4Students. They're pretty good for $24/yr.
    http://host4students.com/

    Before you decide, check your potential host out at
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/
    Maybe even start your host search there. I think you can post a
    request with your requirements. Yours look reasonable, I'm sure you'd
    get some hits. Request like, "Looking for free hosting with no
    advertising for streaming porn and 10G of warez" don't go over well.

    Cheers,
    Jason Henning
    Jason Henning, Mar 4, 2004
  6. Monkeymoo

    Monkeymoo Guest

    Yeah, I haven't done a web site in about 2 years. Well that's incredible
    news then. I should start domain squatting!

    Monkeymoo, Mar 4, 2004
  7. On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 10:52:29 GMT, "Monkeymoo" <>
    wrote:

    >Yeah, I haven't done a web site in about 2 years. Well that's incredible
    >news then. I should start domain squatting!

    Too late, all the good ones are gone! Man, I remember when my name was
    available, jason.com. I bet that sucker would bring $10,000 or better
    now. Hindsight is 20/20...

    Cheers,
    Jason Henning
    Jason Henning, Mar 4, 2004