.NET decompiler

tascien

anybody knows where i can get a program that will take my dotnet
framework 1.1 and turn it into .vb code?

My dev server accidently went up in smoke when I was testing my nuclear
device, I've lost all my .vb files, but i have the dlls and exe on my
production servers...

thanks in advance.

Timothy H. Schilbach

When an application is compiled by DOTNET its compiles into pCode (Processor
Code) which is a language that the processor understands. This is a very
1-way trip and your not likely to recover those files.

You can however load those DLL's into a Visual Stidio IDE and get the
classes, methods and fuctions of your DLL, you could even add it to a new
project as a reference and tack on extra custom code. I hope this help a
little, sorry to hear about your loss.

-Timothy

tascien

when i try to run reflector.exe, I get an error:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK
to terminate the application.

is there anything else i should install?

T.

Juan T. Llibre

You might want to try Lutz Roeder's Reflector for .NET :

http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet/

Not sure how comprehensive a job it will do if your classes are extremely complicated,
but I've used it for simple decompilation projects very successfully.

It's free.

While you're there, take a look at his other free utilities.

:)