.Net documentation

Geraldine

Unlike a lot of programmers thes days I am infrquently required to code so I
dont keep a great store of syntactical knowledge in my head I rely greatly
on books and manuals to provide the code snippets and method calls I
require.

I've been programming for a long time now from the days before web servers
and OO ...

Now I'm either becoming MORE stupid or I just cant find documentation I can
use any-more ..

In the old ASP days I had nice little windows Help file that listed out all
the in built ASP functions/methods .. and I was fine.

Now I'm stuck with MSDN online or the version that comes with Visual Studio
..NET ..

Some would say its very complete !!!! Others would say where is the
information in it? I have never seen such mystifying babble !!!

for example in ASP the simple isnull(myVar) was straight forward and easy to
find in the docs ... when trying to find the equivelent in .NET well hours
of lost programming time later I STUMBLE across a web site with a code
snippet that used DBNull.value .... great ...

Is there ANY comprehensible documentation out there for us poor infrequent
coders ... any at all ...

Kind regards Geri

Kevin Spencer

The .Net SDK is the most comprehensive and authoritative documentation on
..Net that exists. Perhaps a book or 2 would help you get accustomed to the
waters, and make it easier to know what to look for in the SDK in the
future.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer