.NET on my own HTTPS server. Can't create project because the sertificate is invalid

Nikolay Nikolskiy

My server uses sertificat that was issued by our company's sertificate
manager.
When I try to connect to the site from VStudio 2003 (add new web progect:
https://mysite)
then it writes an error: sertificate authority is invalid.
Is it possible to work with such sertificats?

Feroze [MSFT]

You can turn this off through config.

Open your config file (
%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config) and see
the following settings:

<system.net>

<settings>
<servicePointManager
checkCertificateName="true"
checkCertificateRevocationList="false"

You can set the value for "checkCertificateName" to be "false".

Hope that helps.
--
feroze
http://weblogs.asp.net/feroze_daud

Remove "user" from the email address to reply to the author.