Netscape great, but IE?

Sabre

Hello All

When I run my app in Netscape, controls etc appear to be retained on the
page during postback sequence so when new info is received after a second or
two there's just a small flicker, which is quite acceptable. But with IE6,
when I click the button, page goes blank for a second or two until new info
received, then displays. This is typical and what I thought I always needed
to put up with - until I used Netscape!

My question ... is there any way to tweak IE settings or property (or
preferably by code) to minimise or eliminate the blanking? Hope this all
makes sense.

TIA
Graeme

Alvin Bruney

if you need to eliminate flash, turn on smartnavigation. there are some
major issues with it though, noteably it doesn't seem to like firewalls,
doesn't seem to like a lot of drop down controls, absolutely hates OWC etc
etc.

Turn it on, test see if you like it and if your code behaves correctly then
make a decision.

Justin Dutoit

I find IE6 eliminates that blank screen quite well. That blank screen really
makes our web apps look bad, I hope the makers keep improving it in the
browsers. Which version of Netscape do you have?

Justin Dutoit

Sabre

Thanks. IE6 and NS7.
Justin Dutoit said:
I find IE6 eliminates that blank screen quite well. That blank screen really
makes our web apps look bad, I hope the makers keep improving it in the
browsers. Which version of Netscape do you have?

Justin Dutoit

second