New Subdirectory

Luigi Donatello Asero

The pages describing Sweden which I have written in Italian are becoming
more and more.
Following previous advice which I had got in this NG I would like to move
all the Italian pages about Sweden except
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html into a subsubdirectory
which I might call "svezia" .
I wonder what it would be best to do with the old locations. Would it be
better to provide html links from the old pages to the new pages?
I cannot redirect all the pages with a server language because both html
pages and php pages would be involved.

David Dorward

Luigi said:
I wonder what it would be best to do with the old locations. Would it be
better to provide html links from the old pages to the new pages?

Issue 301 redirects.
I cannot redirect all the pages with a server language because both html
pages and php pages would be involved.

So? You should still be able to configure your server to redirect for
arbitrary URLs.

Luigi Donatello Asero

David Dorward said:
Issue 301 redirects.

So? You should still be able to configure your server to redirect for
arbitrary URLs.

As I do not run a server myself I assume that you meant that I should ask my
webhost if they could do it so, didn´t you?

David Dorward

As I do not run a server myself I assume that you meant that I should ask
my webhost if they could do it so, didn´t you?

Pretty poor hosting package if you don't have the facility to set up
redirects yourself.

David Dorward

Do you mean
"Redirect with htaccess"?

Only in the sense that "Go to Dover" means "Get in a car. Drive to Dover".

Using .htaccess is one way to configure redirects that works for some
people, but I don't know how your server is set up, or what configuration
interfaces you are provided with.