    pages and php pages would be involved.

    --
    Luigi Donatello (un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 14, 2005

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > I wonder what it would be best to do with the old locations. Would it be
    > better to provide html links from the old pages to the new pages?

    Issue 301 redirects.

    > I cannot redirect all the pages with a server language because both html
    > pages and php pages would be involved.

    So? You should still be able to configure your server to redirect for
    arbitrary URLs.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Aug 14, 2005

  3. "David Dorward" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > I wonder what it would be best to do with the old locations. Would it be
    > > better to provide html links from the old pages to the new pages?

    > Issue 301 redirects.
    >
    > > I cannot redirect all the pages with a server language because both html
    > > pages and php pages would be involved.

    > So? You should still be able to configure your server to redirect for
    > arbitrary URLs.

    As I do not run a server myself I assume that you meant that I should ask my
    webhost if they could do it so, didn´t you?

    --
    Luigi Donatello (un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 14, 2005
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    >> So? You should still be able to configure your server to redirect for
    >> arbitrary URLs.

    > As I do not run a server myself I assume that you meant that I should ask
    > my webhost if they could do it so, didn´t you?

    Pretty poor hosting package if you don't have the facility to set up
    redirects yourself.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Aug 14, 2005

    > "David Dorward" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > >
    > > > I wonder what it would be best to do with the old locations. Would it

    be
    > > > better to provide html links from the old pages to the new pages?

    > > Issue 301 redirects.

    Do you mean
    "Redirect with htaccess"?

    http://www.webconfs.com/how-to-redirect-a-webpage.php

    --
    Luigi Donatello (un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 14, 2005
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    >>> Issue 301 redirects.

    > Do you mean
    > "Redirect with htaccess"?

    Only in the sense that "Go to Dover" means "Get in a car. Drive to Dover".

    Using .htaccess is one way to configure redirects that works for some
    people, but I don't know how your server is set up, or what configuration
    interfaces you are provided with.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Aug 14, 2005
  7. "David Dorward" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > Do you mean
    > > "Redirect with htaccess"?

    > Only in the sense that "Go to Dover" means "Get in a car. Drive to Dover".
    >
    > Using .htaccess is one way to configure redirects that works for some
    > people, but I don't know how your server is set up, or what configuration
    > interfaces you are provided with.

    Ok

    --
    Luigi Donatello (un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 14, 2005