Object Data sources pros and cons

Annie

Hello guys,

We are planning for a big project ... and in the warming up stages ...

we are trying to develop the applicaiton in n-tier.

One of the option is to use the ASP.net object datasource to find BO to
Controls.

I just want to know the pros and cons of Object Data source control based on
you guys
experiences ...

Any comments will be appreciated!

TA

sloan

I've used it successfully with the GridView.

With the GridView paging and sorting (already "built in"), it is the best
thing going.

Now, I'm only using it for READONLY data. I have not used an
ObjectDataSource for inserting or editing.

My rule of thumb:

Fast development does not mean Good development.
And the Sql alternative for the ObjectDataSource is meant for fast
development, get it out quick.

For any significnat project, I wouldnt touch the SqlDataSource option.