ODBC Driver error

Ivan Debono

Hi everbody,

Getting this strange error all of a sudden.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers. error 80040e21
ODBC driver doesn't support the requested properties.

and the line is:

tRST.Open "SELECT id FROM " & sTable & " WHERE " & sField & " = '" & vValue
& "'", oConn, adOpenKeyset, adLockReadOnly

I'm using vbscript and this was working before I changed some tables and
relationships, which should not affect the above line though.

Any ideas?

Ivan

Jeff Dillon

As always. put your SELECT statement into a variable first, then
response.write the variable to veryify syntax

Or just hardcode a simpler SELECT statment, and verify that it's working.

Jeff

Ivan Debono

The SQL statement is correct.

When I remark from adOpenKeySet onwards I get an error that I don't have
read permissions on the table. Locally I'm using a different MDW than the
standard one, but I gave read permissions to the users group on all tables.

Ivan

Jeff Dillon

What database are you using? If file based, set Everyone Full Control on the
directory where it resides, as a test, as well as your TEMP/TMP directories

Jeff

Ivan Debono

It's working again :)