omniORB 4.0.3 and omniORBpy 2.3 available

Discussion in 'Python' started by Duncan Grisby, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. omniORB 4.0.3 and omniORBpy 2.3 are now available. They are bug fix
    releases. Many thanks to all the people who have contributed bug fixes
    and features.

    omniORB is a robust, high performance CORBA implementation for C++.
    omniORBpy is a version for Python. They are open source, available
    under the terms of the GNU LGPL.

    As always, the releases can be downloaded from SourceForge in source
    and Windows binary formats:

    Enjoy.

    Duncan.

    --
    -- Duncan Grisby --
    -- --

    Duncan Grisby, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Duncan Grisby

    RCS Guest

    I downloaded both the omniORB-4.0.3.tar.gz and the
    omniORB-4.0.3-x86_win32.zip files, and tried to build the libs and DLL
    (using Visual Studio 7).

    The platform I chose was
    platform = x86_nt_4.0_vs_7

    In both cases I got a ton of unsresolved externals (632 of them).

    When I build OmniORB-4.0.2 I used the exact same procedure, using the same
    compiler, and it went fine.

    What is missing from the 4.0.3 distribution?

    Regards,
    RCS

    RCS, Nov 27, 2003

  3. In article <hHkxb.1843$>, RCS <> wrote:

    >I downloaded both the omniORB-4.0.3.tar.gz and the
    >omniORB-4.0.3-x86_win32.zip files, and tried to build the libs and DLL
    >(using Visual Studio 7).
    >
    >The platform I chose was
    >platform = x86_nt_4.0_vs_7
    >
    > In both cases I got a ton of unsresolved externals (632 of them).
    >
    >When I build OmniORB-4.0.2 I used the exact same procedure, using the same
    >compiler, and it went fine.

    First, as another poster suggested, make sure you have nothing to do
    with omniORB on your path before you try the new compile. If that
    still fails, please subscribe to the omniORB mailing list, and post
    details of the missing symbols to there.

    Cheers,

    Duncan.

    --
    -- Duncan Grisby --
    -- --

    Duncan Grisby, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Duncan Grisby

    RCS Guest

    > First, as another poster suggested, make sure you have nothing to do
    > with omniORB on your path before you try the new compile.

    I did that, and tough luck, the same unresolved 632 external symbols.

    > If that still fails, please subscribe to the omniORB mailing list, and

    post
    > details of the missing symbols to there.

    Well, I have tried earlier to post to the mailing lists, but what I always
    get as a response is this:

    "Your mail to 'omniORB-list' with the subject
    <my message subject>
    The reason it is being held:
    Post by non-member to a members-only list"

    and some time later I recieve an email that the message was not accepted due
    to my not being a member, even if I have registered as a member (and recieve
    mails every day from the list).

    So I excpect it this time also not to pass through to the members of the
    mailing list.

    Anyway, here are some of the unresolved external symbols (from among those I
    could capture in the DOS window):

    * CosNaming::NamingContext::CannotProceed::insertToAnyFn ... referenced in
    function CosNaming::NamingContext::CannotProceed:: scalar deleting
    destructor
    * CosNaming::NamingContext::CannotProceed::_NP_repoId ... referenced in
    function CosNaming::NamingContext::CannotProceed::CannotProceed
    * CosNaming::NamingContext::NotFound::_NP_typeId ...
    * CosNaming::NamingContextExt_Helper::release ...
    * CosNaming::NamingContext_Helper::release
    * CosNaming::NamingContext::AlreadyBound::~AlreadyBound
    * CosNaming::NamingContext::NotEmpty::_NP_marshal
    * CosNaming::NamingContext::InvalidName::_NP_repoId

    Regards
    RCS

    RCS, Nov 28, 2003
  5. In article <EMLxb.2201$>, RCS <> wrote:

    >> First, as another poster suggested, make sure you have nothing to do
    >> with omniORB on your path before you try the new compile.

    >I did that, and tough luck, the same unresolved 632 external symbols.

    Just to check, are you using the source tarball, or the pre-compiled
    Win32 binary .zip file? You should not use the binary .zip since that
    is compiled with VC++ 6, and will conflict with VC++ 7.

    >> If that still fails, please subscribe to the omniORB mailing list, and
    >> post details of the missing symbols to there.

    >Well, I have tried earlier to post to the mailing lists, but what I always
    >get as a response is this:
    >
    >"Your mail to 'omniORB-list' with the subject
    > <my message subject>
    >Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
    >The reason it is being held:
    > Post by non-member to a members-only list"
    >
    >and some time later I recieve an email that the message was not accepted due
    >to my not being a member, even if I have registered as a member (and recieve
    >mails every day from the list).

    I see you have sorted it out now, but for anyone else, the cause of
    this is always that you have subscribed from one email address but are
    trying to post from another address.

    Cheers,

    Duncan.

    --