open for suggestions

Edwin van der Vaart

Good day to all,

I'm think of redesigning the menu of the website
http://www.semi-conducor.nl/
The manufacturers menu are below the main menu when the visitors goes to
e.g. connectors, embedded tools, etc.

What is the best place to put those menu as a horizontal menu above the
content or as a roll-out menu when the visitor hover over e.g.
connectors, embedded tools, etc. buttons like http://www.evandervaart.nl/?

Please would you give your suggestion about the manufacturers menu.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

dorayme

Edwin van der Vaart said:
Good day to all,

I'm think of redesigning the menu of the website
http://www.semi-conducor.nl/

It is not smooth sailing getting this url to show a web page in
Safari. Sometimes one gets a page, sometimes one gets server not
found. Sometimes I get a page (which looks nice enough by the
way) with a red menu on left, sometimes a page with the same url
showing with presumably, your new experiments with pop out to the
right menu.

Nico Schuyt

That should be said:
The manufacturers menu are below the main menu when the visitors goes
to e.g. connectors, embedded tools, etc.
What is the best place to put those menu as a horizontal menu above
the content or as a roll-out menu when the visitor hover over e.g.
connectors, embedded tools, etc. buttons like
http://www.evandervaart.nl/?

You intend to show all the manufacturers of e.g.
<http://www.semi-conductor.nl/embedded/c-e.php> in a drop-down?
I don't think that will be an improvement!

BTW, I get a 404 on http://www.semi-conductor.nl/form/contact.php Maybe you
should run Xenu (http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html)

Edwin van der Vaart

Sorry it must be http://www.semi-conductor.nl/
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
24help.info, issociate.de and software-help1.org to duplicate this post.

Edwin van der Vaart

Nico said:
Eek! Sorry about that. :-(
You intend to show all the manufacturers of e.g.
<http://www.semi-conductor.nl/embedded/c-e.php> in a drop-down?
I don't think that will be an improvement!
No, not in a drop-down menu.
Just in a horizontal menu like this
http://www.semi-conductor.nl/img/menu.png [128,5Kb]
Or in a roll-out menu like this
http://www.semi-conductor.nl/img/menu2.png [130,4Kb]
From which page to the contact form did you get a 404 page, because I
don't have a contact.php page only a index.php
Doh. I get it! It's below the page, just above the footer.
Down loaded and try to work in Linux.
Oh, there is an option in the extension "Web developer" for
Firefox/Seamonkey/Mozilla that do the same thing as xenulink. ;-)
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
24help.info, issociate.de, velocityreviews, umailcampaign.com,
gthelp.com, webfrustration.com, excip.com and many other to duplicate
this post.

Nico Schuyt

Edwin said:
Nico said:
Eek! Sorry about that. :-(
You intend to show all the manufacturers of e.g.
<http://www.semi-conductor.nl/embedded/c-e.php> in a drop-down?
I don't think that will be an improvement!
No, not in a drop-down menu.
Just in a horizontal menu like this
http://www.semi-conductor.nl/img/menu.png [128,5Kb]
Or in a roll-out menu like this
http://www.semi-conductor.nl/img/menu2.png [130,4Kb]

Not so good IMO. Maybe something like http://www.cartal.nl/ (Click
'Assortiment +')?
Very easy to make with some PHP
From which page to the contact form did you get a 404 page, because I
don't have a contact.php page only a index.php
Doh. I get it! It's below the page, just above the footer.

Down loaded and try to work in Linux.
Oh, there is an option in the extension "Web developer" for
Firefox/Seamonkey/Mozilla that do the same thing as xenulink. ;-)

Than do so :) http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/xenu_semi.htm

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Nico said:
Not so good IMO. Maybe something like http://www.cartal.nl/ (Click
'Assortiment +')?
Very easy to make with some PHP

Works well. Might I recommend that you align the menu words to the
left, instead of centered? It would make them easier to read, as the
eye has to search for the beginning of the next line when ragged-left is
used. Put a bit of padding so they don't bump the edges of the buttons.

Centered text is ok for poetry, but not much else. ;-)

Nico Schuyt

Works well. Might I recommend that you align the menu words to the
left, instead of centered? It would make them easier to read, as the
eye has to search for the beginning of the next line when ragged-left
is used. Put a bit of padding so they don't bump the edges of the
buttons.
Centered text is ok for poetry, but not much else. ;-)

Thanks for the advice! I'll discuss it with the owner of the site.

Edwin van der Vaart

Nico said:
Edwin said:
Nico said:
Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
I'm think of redesigning the menu of the website
http://www.semi-conducor.nl/
That should be <http://www.semi-conductor.nl> :)
Eek! Sorry about that. :-(
The manufacturers menu are below the main menu when the visitors
goes to e.g. connectors, embedded tools, etc.
What is the best place to put those menu as a horizontal menu above
the content or as a roll-out menu when the visitor hover over e.g.
connectors, embedded tools, etc. buttons like
http://www.evandervaart.nl/?
You intend to show all the manufacturers of e.g.
<http://www.semi-conductor.nl/embedded/c-e.php> in a drop-down?
I don't think that will be an improvement!
No, not in a drop-down menu.
Just in a horizontal menu like this
http://www.semi-conductor.nl/img/menu.png [128,5Kb]
Or in a roll-out menu like this
http://www.semi-conductor.nl/img/menu2.png [130,4Kb]

Not so good IMO. Maybe something like http://www.cartal.nl/ (Click
'Assortiment +')?
Very easy to make with some PHP
That is interesting.
Thank you for validating the links. I'll check them later on.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
24help.info, issociate.de and software-help1.org to duplicate this post.

Edwin van der Vaart

Nico said:
Edwin said:
Nico said:
Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
[...]

I had used a php switch mechanism, after a while the web hosting was
necking about that some one/thing spamming from the mine website.