Open Source Charting Tool

A.M

Hi,

I developed a HTML reporting tool that renders Oracle data to HTML and
Oracle.

At this point I have to add charts (3d bars and pie charts) to this
application. I don't think that I have to do it from scratch.

Is there any open source charting tool that help me create charts in JPG or
gif format?

Thanks,

Alan

Felipe Almeida Lessa

Em Sex, 2006-06-02 às 15:42 -0500, Larry Bates escreveu:
ReportLab Graphics can do 2D and pie charts, but I don't think it does
3D charts yet.

www.reporlab.org

It does, but I'm not sure if the PNG backend is as good as the PDF one.

Felipe Almeida Lessa

Em Sex, 2006-06-02 às 16:56 -0400, A.M escreveu:
I can't browse to www.reporlab.org, but I found http://www.reportlab.com/
which has a commercial charting product. Is that what you referring to?

ReportLab (the commercial bussiness thing on .com) is where the main
developers of ReportLab (a library freely available on www.reporlab.org)
work. So what you want really is .org, but apparently it's having
problems right now.

Scott David Daniels

Felipe said:
Em Sex, 2006-06-02 às 16:56 -0400, A.M escreveu:

ReportLab (the commercial bussiness thing on .com) is where the main
developers of ReportLab (a library freely available on www.reporlab.org)
work. So what you want really is .org, but apparently it's having
problems right now.
Or, you could look for:
http://www.reportlab.org/
------------------------^

--Scott David Daniels
(e-mail address removed)

Piet van Oostrum

Felipe Almeida Lessa said:
FAL> Em Sex, 2006-06-02 às 16:56 -0400, A.M escreveu:
FAL> ReportLab (the commercial bussiness thing on .com) is where the main
FAL> developers of ReportLab (a library freely available on www.reporlab.org)
FAL> work. So what you want really is .org, but apparently it's having
FAL> problems right now.

No, but it should really be www.reportlab.org (with the *t*).

Harry George

A.M said:
Hi,

I developed a HTML reporting tool that renders Oracle data to HTML and
Oracle.

At this point I have to add charts (3d bars and pie charts) to this
application. I don't think that I have to do it from scratch.

Is there any open source charting tool that help me create charts in JPG or
gif format?

Thanks,

Alan

See pygdchart