Opening VS2005 sln from the windows shell

Praveen

Hi,

I copied a VS2005 sln and it's related files (just the aspx which is right
beside it) from one m/c to another m/c into the exact same PHYSICAL DIR as
well as the exact same VIRTUAL DIR and APP DIR.

This doesn't work:
- Double clicking on the sln to make VS.Net open it. (Basically, nothing
happens.)

This does work:
- Open VS.Net, and pick the above sln to open. (The solution opens up fine
in VS.Net!)

Once I open it in VS.Net, I can now double click the sln to open it!

Does ths make sense to anybody?

Thanks
Praveen

Gary Chang[MSFT]

Hi Praveen,
Does ths make sense to anybody?

I haven't experienced such problem, I take the following steps to do a
similar task:

1. Create a new website TestWebSite1 in Visual Studio 2005.

2. Copy its solution files' directory(...\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\TestWebSite1) to the target machine's corresponding
directory((..\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\ )

3. Copy its web site source files' directory(..\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\WebSites\TestWebSite1) to the target machine's corresponding
directory((..\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\ )

Then double click the solution file in the target machine's ..\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\TestWebSite1\ will invoke the VS2005
to open the TestWebSite1 solution in that machine.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
Get Secure! ¡§C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
&SD=msdn