Opening VS2005 sln from the windows shell

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Praveen, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Praveen

    Praveen Guest

    Hi,

    I copied a VS2005 sln and it's related files (just the aspx which is right
    beside it) from one m/c to another m/c into the exact same PHYSICAL DIR as
    well as the exact same VIRTUAL DIR and APP DIR.

    This doesn't work:
    - Double clicking on the sln to make VS.Net open it. (Basically, nothing
    happens.)

    This does work:
    - Open VS.Net, and pick the above sln to open. (The solution opens up fine
    in VS.Net!)

    Once I open it in VS.Net, I can now double click the sln to open it!

    Does ths make sense to anybody?

    Thanks
    Praveen
    Praveen, Jan 11, 2006

  2. Hi Praveen,

    >Does ths make sense to anybody?

    I haven't experienced such problem, I take the following steps to do a
    similar task:

    1. Create a new website TestWebSite1 in Visual Studio 2005.

    2. Copy its solution files' directory(...\My Documents\Visual Studio
    2005\Projects\TestWebSite1) to the target machine's corresponding
    directory((..\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\ )

    3. Copy its web site source files' directory(..\My Documents\Visual Studio
    2005\WebSites\TestWebSite1) to the target machine's corresponding
    directory((..\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\ )

    Then double click the solution file in the target machine's ..\My
    Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\TestWebSite1\ will invoke the VS2005
    to open the TestWebSite1 solution in that machine.

    Thanks!

    Best regards,

    Gary Chang
    Microsoft Community Support
    Get Secure! ¡§C www.microsoft.com/security
    Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
    &SD=msdn

    Gary Chang[MSFT], Jan 12, 2006