OT - domain registrar-ship

Axel Foley

Hello,

I'm a webbie who also purchases domain names. I would like to become my own
registrar of domain names. Can anyone point me to any resources that might
help me set up this type of infrastructure?

Does one need one's own web-server to accomplish this?

thanks for any details...

Axel

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Axel Foley said:
Hello,

I'm a webbie who also purchases domain names. I would like to become my own
registrar of domain names. Can anyone point me to any resources that might
help me set up this type of infrastructure?

I doubt you have the financing to become a true registrar. What you can do
is become a registration service provider. That means you can get discount
pricing from a true registrar because you buy in bulk. We use eNom and have
been very pleased. If you'd like a free eNom account:
http://www.affordablehost.com/enom.shtml - $8.95 domain reg. and you don't
have to install any software on your own server.

--Tina

rf

Whitecrest said:
Man your site has REALLY come a long way over the last 2 years! Kudos
to you!!

It *still* has pictures of text on it, specifically the most important part:
the details of the plans.

Plus, the pictures are compressed and therefore blurry jpegs, not even nice
clear gifs.

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Whitecrest said:
Man your site has REALLY come a long way over the last 2 years! Kudos
to you!!

Yeah, it helped considerably when I stopped trying to do it myself. *grin*

--Tina

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

rf said:
It *still* has pictures of text on it, specifically the most important part:
the details of the plans.

Plus, the pictures are compressed and therefore blurry jpegs, not even nice
clear gifs.

Really? Maybe everyone here should go take a look...but wait until Friday
when we launch our new plans. We're greatly increasing the bandwidth
included with our packages then. ;-)

--Tina