    Does one need one's own web-server to accomplish this?

    thanks for any details...

    Axel

    Axel Foley, Jun 24, 2004

  2. "Axel Foley" <> wrote in message
    news:yAqCc.17275$mm3.11532@clgrps13...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm a webbie who also purchases domain names. I would like to become my

    own
    > registrar of domain names. Can anyone point me to any resources that

    might
    > help me set up this type of infrastructure?

    I doubt you have the financing to become a true registrar. What you can do
    is become a registration service provider. That means you can get discount
    pricing from a true registrar because you buy in bulk. We use eNom and have
    been very pleased. If you'd like a free eNom account:
    http://www.affordablehost.com/enom.shtml - $8.95 domain reg. and you don't
    have to install any software on your own server.

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 24, 2004

  3. Axel Foley

    Whitecrest Guest

    Whitecrest, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Axel Foley

    rf Guest

    "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > http://www.affordablehost.com/

    > Man your site has REALLY come a long way over the last 2 years! Kudos
    > to you!!

    It *still* has pictures of text on it, specifically the most important part:
    the details of the plans.

    Plus, the pictures are compressed and therefore blurry jpegs, not even nice
    clear gifs.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jun 24, 2004
  5. "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > http://www.affordablehost.com/

    > Man your site has REALLY come a long way over the last 2 years! Kudos
    > to you!!

    Yeah, it helped considerably when I stopped trying to do it myself. *grin*

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 24, 2004
  6. "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > http://www.affordablehost.com/

    > > Man your site has REALLY come a long way over the last 2 years! Kudos
    > > to you!!

    > It *still* has pictures of text on it, specifically the most important

    part:
    > the details of the plans.
    >
    > Plus, the pictures are compressed and therefore blurry jpegs, not even

    nice
    > clear gifs.

    Really? Maybe everyone here should go take a look...but wait until Friday
    when we launch our new plans. We're greatly increasing the bandwidth
    included with our packages then. ;-)

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 24, 2004
  7. Axel Foley

    Axel Foley Guest

    Tina, what type of "financing" are you referring to?

    Axel Foley, Jun 24, 2004
  8. "Axel Foley" <> wrote in message
    > Tina, what type of "financing" are you referring to?

    I have no idea what you're referring to, because you didn't quote. :-(

    I'm guessing you mean how much it takes to become a true registrar?

    http://www.icann.org/registrars/accreditation-financials.htm

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 24, 2004