OT: How to point web requests to new host?

(Pete Cresswell)

I'm registered with Network Solutions, currently hosted by Cotse.net for both
email and web.

I want to keep the email coming to Cotse, but direct all web requests to a new
account at www.affordablehost.com.

Looking at NetSol's account maint pages, it looks like I either need to modify
the "A" record or add a "CNAME" record.

Somehow, though, it looks like there's already an "A" record pointing to some
goofey ISP address (216.168.224.63) that is a Network Solutions "Under
Construction" page.

SO: That means I don't fully understand the "A" record....bc there sb an address
there to point to Cotse....No?

Anybody else been here?

Richard

(Pete Cresswell) said:
I'm registered with Network Solutions, currently hosted by Cotse.net for
both email and web.
I want to keep the email coming to Cotse, but direct all web requests to
a new account at www.affordablehost.com.
Looking at NetSol's account maint pages, it looks like I either need to
modify the "A" record or add a "CNAME" record.
Somehow, though, it looks like there's already an "A" record pointing to
some goofey ISP address (216.168.224.63) that is a Network Solutions
"Under Construction" page.
SO: That means I don't fully understand the "A" record....bc there sb an
address there to point to Cotse....No?
Anybody else been here?

How about writing to Tina at affordablehost and asking the horse's mouth?
Oh I'm sure she'll be along soon anyway.