OT - Microsoft using Linux????

Steven Burn

Thats the headline this morning.

In the latest issue of The Register (my favourite online newsletter),
there's a story (see URL below) about Microsoft using Linux temporarily, for
their microsoft.com website because of DDoS attacks and security vuln's.

I know this is OT, and I apologise, I just find it rather amusing.
(considering Microsoft is one of the head's of the TCPA (Trusted Computer
Protection Agency, aka TCG (Trusted Computing Group), amongst others), who's
goals are to basically, get rid of Open Source etc etc).

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Steven Burn said:
Thats the headline this morning.

In the latest issue of The Register (my favourite online newsletter),
there's a story (see URL below) about Microsoft using Linux temporarily, for
their microsoft.com website because of DDoS attacks and security vuln's.

Too old and nonsense.
MS uses akamai service to balance HTTP requests from all over the world. It
looks as if the header shows linux but akaimai ONLY serves as a proxy for
the real deal at Microsoft's. So the answer about this article is:
Nonsense... :)