OT: need recommendations for free mailing list

Leslie

I know, this has nothing to do with HTML, but I'm sure many of you use
a mailing list....

For the past year or more I've been using the free mailing list
service provided by Topica. It's been a little buggy, but considering
the cost I really can't complain. Until recently. In the past few
weeks their service has gone to hell in a hand basket. Without going
into all the gory details...

Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable free mailing list service? I
use it only weekly and for a very short message. The only thing I'd
like is that the list require the person opting-in to confirm their
desire to be on the list.

Thanks!

Leslie
Leslie's Audio Trivia
http://www.BessieBee.com/Trivia/

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Leslie said:
Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable free mailing list service? I
use it only weekly and for a very short message. The only thing I'd
like is that the list require the person opting-in to confirm their
desire to be on the list.

Check to see if your host offers one. If they have any sort of a commercial
control panel, they most likely offer at least Mailman.

--Tina

Spartanicus

Leslie said:
Can anyone recommend a decent, reliable free mailing list service? I

groups.yahoo.com (combines mailing list / web board)
I use it only weekly and for a very short message.

IIRC you can create an announce list to which only a defined list of
people can post.
The only thing I'd like is that the list require the person opting-in
to confirm their desire to be on the list.

Standard practice with groups.yahoo.com mailing list subscriptions.

Leslie

Check to see if your host offers one. If they have any sort of a commercial
control panel, they most likely offer at least Mailman.

--Tina

Wow, Tina, thanks! I hadn't thought of that. My domain is with YOU @
AffordableHost. I'll check it out later.

Thanks again!

Leslie

Leslie said:
Wow, Tina, thanks! I hadn't thought of that. My domain is with YOU @
AffordableHost. I'll check it out later.

Thanks again!

Then you definitely have mailing list capabilities. ;-)

--Tina