OT - to non USA folks

Toby Inkster

Travis said:
But Einstein would not hire an assistant that would salt their food
before tasting it. But it doesn't mean they were a bad lab assistant.

Henry Cavendish was terrified of women and used to communicate with the
female domestics by leaving notes on the hall table. He discovered
Hydrogen and Argon and first determined the mass of the Earth (to a
freakishly accurate degree)

Travis Newbury

That's news to me. What terrorists was Saddam openly harboring and
financing, and what was the imminent threat that they posed to us?

Please, he was openly paying $25,000 to families of suicide bombers. He
was running terrorist training camps. And ALL terrorism is an imminent
threat to all civilized nations.
Cool. We'll be expecting no complaints then, when a slight book-keeping
error results in the iron finger being pointed at you.

Yea, that's probably going to happen right after I win the lottery...
It's a short-term, convenient way. In the long term, it is opening up
the door to any other country to claim "imminent threat" and wage war on
anyone they care to. That, to me, does not sound like a recipe for world
peace and security. It sounds like a significant step backwards.

And so we have proven we have different opinions.

Works for me.

See we agree on something...

Lemming

Why yes, I want to live in a dictatorship...

I'm sorry to tell you there was a real nice dictatorship available for
you to live in just a little while ago. Unfortunately, a couple of
politicians have gone and blown it up so they can force democracy on
it.

Lemming

Toby Inkster

Lemming said:
Nigel "Mad Dog" Napalm.
Henry Carbuncle (AKA Squasher of Oranges)
Fatboy Dumfermline.

Name three terrorists *apart* from brucie's imaginary friends.

Travis Newbury

Name three terrorists he harboured and/or financed. Please.

Sorry, I am not privy to the list of names of the terrorists that
attended. But, google "saddam terrorist training camps", and you will
get your answers about the camps. Then google "Saddam terrorist
financing" to get the second half of your question answered.

Lemming

Sorry, I am not privy to the list of names of the terrorists that
attended. But, google "saddam terrorist training camps", and you will
get your answers about the camps. Then google "Saddam terrorist
financing" to get the second half of your question answered.

Did you know that the word "gullible" has been removed from the
English language?

Lemming

Travis Newbury

Did you know that the word "gullible" has been removed from the
English language?

So, anything that agrees with your position is correct and good
news/information, but if there is anything that disagrees with your
position, one must be gullable if they believe it.

I understand now...

Neal

Did you know that the word "gullible" has been removed from the
English language?

I was in a "dollar store" a few years ago, looking throught the books for
sale. I saw a dictionary, and on a whim, went to look up "gullible".

It was not there.

I bought that dictionary, and I have it ready to fool some dummy someday.

NOXwebmasterx

Neal said:
I was in a "dollar store" a few years ago, looking throught the books for
sale. I saw a dictionary, and on a whim, went to look up "gullible".

It was not there.

I bought that dictionary, and I have it ready to fool some dummy someday.

In the past a gullible person was simply referred to as a 'gull.'
(http://www.mbstevens.com/T/page11x.html)
Makes good sense to me. I also want a return of 'affect' which has been
largely replaced in the US by 'impact,' perhaps due to the *affect* of
network news shows.

Neal

I also want a return of 'affect' which has been
largely replaced in the US by 'impact,' perhaps due to the *affect* of
network news shows.

More likely due to the general confusion of the words "affect" and
"effect". People confuse them so much, no wonder "impact" has replaced
"effect" in many contexts.

tm

Neal said:
Lemming wrote:

I was in a "dollar store" a few years ago, looking throught the books for
sale. I saw a dictionary, and on a whim, went to look up "gullible".

It was not there.

Duh. It's spelled 'goolible' now.

Lemming

More likely due to the general confusion of the words "affect" and
"effect". People confuse them so much, no wonder "impact" has replaced
"effect" in many contexts.

Apropos of nothing: what is the difference between "flammable" and
"inflammable"?

Lemming

Lemming

So, anything that agrees with your position is correct and good
news/information, but if there is anything that disagrees with your
position, one must be gullable if they believe it.

I understand now...

Would you care to engage in a rational debate about this with an
informed and intelligent adversary? Or would you prefer to indulge in
meaningless ad hominem attacks? I can do both, you choose.

Regards,

Lemming

Neal

Lemming said:
Apropos of nothing: what is the difference between "flammable" and
"inflammable"?

AFAIK, "flammable" means it can be set on fire, while "inflammable" means
you can *easily* set it on fire.

Travis Newbury

Would you care to engage in a rational debate about this with an
informed and intelligent adversary? Or would you prefer to indulge in
meaningless ad hominem attacks? I can do both, you choose.

You didn't refer to my suggestion to google terrorist financing as
gullible? My bad, I thought that's what you meant.