Parser Error in ASP.Net webform

Jerry

I am using .Net 2003. I have been working with this
ASP.Net webform that I created a few weeks ago. It has
been working fine.

However, while modifying the webform today, this webform
stopped working and now only gives me the following error
message. I was only modifying the webform code, nothing
else. But now my webform won't display in a browser.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Jerry

Server Error in '/dotnettest' Application.
----------------------

Parser Error
resource required to service this request. Please review
the following specific parse error details and modify
your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load
type 'dotnettest.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs"
Inherits="dotnettest.Global" %>

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Jerry,

Have you rebuilt the application since the last modification?

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

Jerry Tovar

Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

By rebuilding the application, do you mean clicking on rebuild solution
and or rebuild project, then yes I have done that several times.

I have even restart my dev PC. The weird thing is that this is the
second application that this has happened to me. Both apps being ASP.Net
Webforms.

Anything else I can look for?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Jerry,

Check your IIS configuration. Make sure that your application roots are
set where they should be.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

Gos

I had the same issue in my application. I had multiple DLLs in my
application and I removed the root namespace for each DLL and add my
own namespace for whatever files I need in each DLL (by adding
namespace xxx.yyy). That's when I got this parser error. What I forgot
to do is to add the same namespace for my Global.asax.vb file also.

I am not sure whether this will help you.
But this is just a suggestion.

Eric