Per IP Connection Limit in XP Pro IIS 5.1

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by WGM, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. WGM

    WGM Guest

    There appears to be a per IP connection limit of 2.in XP pro IIS 5.1

    Is there any way of removing this limit?

    When more than two ASP page requests are made from the same IP, only two are
    processed while the remaining requests are queued.

    This can be observed through PerfMon by watching the Requests Processing and
    Requests Queue.

    From a new IP, the first two requests are immediately processed and are seen
    in the request processing counter. Any additionally requests increase the
    request queued counter.

    Even while the requests are queued, if a new IP (from another machine)
    issues a request, it is immediately processed up to a maximum of two
    requests. Any more end up queued.

    Where is this documented and how can it be eliminated? I realize that XP
    it is a workstation product. However, we are doing some simple load testing
    and connection pool testing and the 2 per IP limit is skewing the numbers.

    Thanks in advance.

    WGM, Feb 3, 2006