    Now I tried it with Opera, Mozilla - always different pics look almost
    strange.

    Is that Vista or my Computer???

    Jani, Mar 23, 2009

  2. Jani

    Jani Guest

    On 23 Mrz., 19:34, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    > Jani wrote:
    > > What happened when I see a pic in the browser in a way like this:
    > >http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/images/alt/spiderman.JPG

    > > Sometimes it helps when I upload the pic again but it also depends
    > > sometimes on the browser.
    > > And it happens also with pics from other webpages in my browsers.
    > > (Chrome, IE most of the time)

    > > Now I tried it with Opera, Mozilla - always different pics look almost
    > > strange.

    > > Is that Vista or my Computer???

    > The image is likely corrupted.  Looks the same (bad) here in every
    > browser I tried.

    Yes, I know - it is a screen capture!!!
    But the picture is ok in another browser.
    The original is here:
    http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/pics/3/spider.JPG

    In my chrome it looks like the screep cap for me.
    In IE it looks nice for me at the moment.
    But in other browsers other pictures have the same problem.
    I don't know why this happenes.

    Jani, Mar 23, 2009

  3. On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:34:06 -0400, Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Jani wrote:
    >> What happened when I see a pic in the browser in a way like this:
    >> http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/images/alt/spiderman.JPG
    >>
    >> Sometimes it helps when I upload the pic again but it also depends
    >> sometimes on the browser.
    >> And it happens also with pics from other webpages in my browsers.
    >> (Chrome, IE most of the time)
    >>
    >> Now I tried it with Opera, Mozilla - always different pics look almost
    >> strange.
    >>
    >> Is that Vista or my Computer???

    > The image is likely corrupted. Looks the same (bad) here in every
    > browser I tried.

    Looks bad, as well, viewing with ImageMagick's `display`.

    If you are using plain old command line ftp, are you set the transfer
    mode to "bi" (binary)? That used to trip me up in my early days of
    moving files over a network.

    Jonesy
    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux

    Allodoxaphobia, Mar 23, 2009
  4. Jani

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Mar 23, 1:59 pm, Jani <> wrote:
    > On 23 Mrz., 19:34, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >

    > > Jani wrote:
    > > > What happened when I see a pic in the browser in a way like this:
    > > >http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/images/alt/spiderman.JPG

    > > > Sometimes it helps when I upload the pic again but it also depends
    > > > sometimes on the browser.
    > > > And it happens also with pics from other webpages in my browsers.
    > > > (Chrome, IE most of the time)

    > > > Now I tried it with Opera, Mozilla - always different pics look almost
    > > > strange.

    > > > Is that Vista or my Computer???

    > > The image is likely corrupted.  Looks the same (bad) here in every
    > > browser I tried.

    > Yes, I know - it is a screen capture!!!
    > But the picture is ok in another browser.
    > The original is here:http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/pics/3/spider.JPG
    >
    > In my chrome it looks like the screep cap for me.
    > In IE it looks nice for me at the moment.
    > But in other browsers other pictures have the same problem.
    > I don't know why this happenes.

    I downloaded the original by right clicking and selecting save as
    using Firefox. The downloaded jpg is quite normal, while the screen
    capture you fist posted is messed up when view on Firefox or
    downloaded. I uploaded the jpg downloaded to my computer to my site at
    http://www.cwdjr.net/pic/spider.jpg . If you view this also on
    Firefox, it is exactly the same as the original. Also it is correct on
    IE7, Opera, and Safari for Windows. I scanned the original for virus
    problems and found none. Thus there appear to be no problems with the
    original jpg or browsers used to view it. The problem you have thus
    likely lies in any program you used to process the original image or
    in upload. I used a CuteFTP Pro agent to upload to my site.

    cwdjrxyz, Mar 23, 2009
  5. Jani

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Mar 23, 3:13 pm, cwdjrxyz <> wrote:
    > On Mar 23, 1:59 pm, Jani <> wrote:

    > > > The image is likely corrupted.  Looks the same (bad) here in every
    > > > browser I tried.

    > > Yes, I know - it is a screen capture!!!
    > > But the picture is ok in another browser.
    > > The original is here:http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/pics/3/spider.JPG

    > > In my chrome it looks like the screep cap for me.
    > > In IE it looks nice for me at the moment.
    > > But in other browsers other pictures have the same problem.
    > > I don't know why this happenes.

    > I downloaded the original by right clicking and selecting save as
    > using Firefox. The downloaded jpg is quite normal, while the screen
    > capture you fist posted is messed up when view on Firefox or
    > downloaded. I uploaded the jpg downloaded to my computer to my site athttp://www.cwdjr.net/pic/spider.jpg. If you view this also on
    > Firefox, it is exactly the same as the original. Also it is correct on
    > IE7, Opera, and Safari for Windows. I scanned the original for virus
    > problems and found none. Thus there appear to be no problems with the
    > original jpg or browsers used to view it. The problem you have thus
    > likely lies in any program you used to process the original image or
    > in upload. I used a CuteFTP Pro agent to upload to my site.

    Since the original jpg is a bit large for a web page and you use a
    much more reasonable size for the faulty screen capture, I am guessing
    you may have resized the image. I resized the original image by 50%
    keeping the same W/H aspect ratio using Paint Shop Pro 7 on the
    computer. You can see it at http://www.cwdjr.net/pic/spider2.jpg and
    it acted in a normal manner just as did the original. I will take
    these images down soon, since Google images likely will soon pick them
    up and there are plenty of Spiderman images, including your original,
    available.

    cwdjrxyz, Mar 23, 2009
  6. Jani

    Jani Guest

    On 23 Mrz., 21:49, cwdjrxyz <> wrote:
    > On Mar 23, 3:13 pm, cwdjrxyz <> wrote:

    > > > Yes, I know - it is a screen capture!!!
    > > > But the picture is ok in another browser.
    > > > The original is here:http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/pics/3/spider.JPG

    > > > In my chrome it looks like the screep cap for me.
    > > > In IE it looks nice for me at the moment.
    > > > But in other browsers other pictures have the same problem.
    > > > I don't know why this happenes.

    > > I downloaded the original by right clicking and selecting save as
    > > using Firefox. The downloaded jpg is quite normal, while the screen
    > > capture you fist posted is messed up when view on Firefox or
    > > downloaded. I uploaded the jpg downloaded to my computer to my site athttp://www.cwdjr.net/pic/spider.jpg. If you view this also on
    > > Firefox, it is exactly the same as the original. Also it is correct on
    > > IE7, Opera, and Safari for Windows. I scanned the original for virus
    > > problems and found none. Thus there appear to be no problems with the
    > > original jpg or browsers used to view it. The problem you have thus
    > > likely lies in any program you used to process the original image or
    > > in upload. I used a CuteFTP Pro agent to upload to my site.

    > Since the original jpg is a bit large for a web page and you use a
    > much more reasonable size for the faulty screen capture, I am guessing
    > you may have resized the image. I resized the original image by 50%
    > keeping the same W/H aspect ratio using Paint Shop Pro 7 on the
    > computer. You can see it athttp://www.cwdjr.net/pic/spider2.jpgand
    > it acted in a normal manner just as did the original. I will take
    > these images down soon, since Google images likely will soon pick them
    > up and there are plenty of Spiderman images, including your original,
    > available.

    Sorry if I did not explain my problem properly.
    http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/altdothtml/images.html

    here I have only 2 different browsers.
    I have this problem already since long time ago.
    But I thought that might be a problem of other webspaces.
    But now I found it also on other pages and with my own pics.
    So do I have to reinstall the OS? I don't understand what could be the
    reason for that.
    The ability to handle pics in browsers? Because no matter which
    browser I use -
    it appears here and there.
    Strange!

    Jani, Mar 23, 2009
  7. Jani

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Jani <> wrote:
    > Sorry if I did not explain my problem properly.

    Please consider trimming your quoting. I notice you are Google Grouping.
    You can still do it from there. If you don't know how, I am sure you can
    get advice about it here or elsewhere.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 23, 2009
  8. Jani

    Jani Guest

    On 23 Mrz., 22:57, dorayme <> wrote:

    > Please consider trimming your quoting. I notice you are Google Grouping.
    > You can still do it from there. If you don't know how, I am sure you can
    > get advice about it here or elsewhere.

    good you mention that. Today morning I got a reply in a forum.
    And all my text started in the lines with those noses: '>'

    like that:

    > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > xx my xx text xxxxxx
    > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    I wonder how that can be done. Because in those forums the quoted text
    becomes only surrounded by boxes.
    Yes - manually - but is there a 'nose machine'?

    Jani, Mar 23, 2009
  9. Jani

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Mar 23, 4:52 pm, Jani <> wrote:

    > Sorry if I did not explain my problem properly.http://members.aon.at/jfaerber/altdothtml/images.html
    >
    > here I have only 2 different browsers.
    > I have this problem already since long time ago.
    > But I thought that might be a problem of other webspaces.
    > But now I found it also on other pages and with my own pics.
    > So do I have to reinstall the OS? I don't understand what could be the
    > reason for that.
    > The ability to handle pics in browsers? Because no matter which
    > browser I use -
    > it appears here and there.
    > Strange!

    Reinstalling the OS is a last resort and may not cure your problem. It
    is possible you could have a problem with your video/graphics card. I
    suggest that you go to the web site for your card and check for any
    new driver downloads. If your card is nvidia, go to
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us . Try the second
    option to automatically detect what version of nvidia card you have
    and tell you about any new driver updates. If there is a new driver
    update take it. If you have some other brand of video card, you will
    have to go to the site for it and check for driver updates. Also check
    the monitor settings. It is also possible that the video card, a power
    supply, or some other component has become marginal and is likely to
    fail completely, perhaps soon, but sometimes such a problem can drag
    on for months before complete failure. This sort of problem can be
    very difficult to find without detailed service information and often
    use of test equipment.

    cwdjrxyz, Mar 24, 2009
  10. Jani

    Nicole Guest

    Jani wrote:

    > What happened when I see a pic in the browser in a way like this:
    > http://members.aon.at/jfaerbe1/images/alt/spiderman.JPG
    >
    > Sometimes it helps when I upload the pic again but it also depends
    > sometimes on the browser.
    > And it happens also with pics from other webpages in my browsers.
    > (Chrome, IE most of the time)
    >
    > Now I tried it with Opera, Mozilla - always different pics look almost
    > strange.
    >
    > Is that Vista or my Computer???

    Did you transfer ASCII instead of binary?
    This would cause an image to look like this.

    Nicole

    Nicole, Mar 24, 2009
  11. Jani

    Jani Guest

    On 24 Mrz., 06:51, cwdjrxyz <> wrote:

    > Reinstalling the OS is a last resort and may not cure your problem. It
    > is possible you could have a problem with your video/graphics card. I
    > suggest that you go to the web site for your card and check for any
    > new driver downloads.

    Thank you very much for this help.
    http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm

    Like I am born again now (0;