Pls Help: SQLExpress alternatives

VB Programmer

I have created an ASP.NET 2.0 site and just published it to my webserver.
None of the database stuff works, including membership, etc.... because my
hosting company (webhost4life) claims that they do not support SQLExpress,
just SQLServer 2005.

1. How difficult is it to migrate over to SQLServer 2005 OR MS Access as my
database?
2. Will the new .NET membership classes, profile classes, etc... still work
if I switch to a SQLServer 2005 OR Access db?
3. For new websites, how would I create the "base" database, including all
default tables AND stored procs, etc...? (For Access too.)

Thanks.

Guest

VBProgrammer,
SQLExpress is basically SQL Server 2005. All you should need to do is ensure
that the connection string is correct. All the membership/ roles etc. tables
and sprocs of course would have to be installed and that is between you and
your hosting provider. The ASPNET_REGSQL utility is what is used to create
"the works" on the database. It also works with SQL Server 2000.
Peter