    would be great also, if anyone has done this.

    Thanks in advance

    Earl

    Earl Teigrob, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Hi Earl,

    You need to do it using window.opener in the childwindow to post the parent
    form.
    Not sure if we have other better options too.

    Cheers
    Ashish M Bhonkiya

    "Earl Teigrob" <> wrote in message
    > I am thinking about using a popup window to edit settings that will affect
    > parent asp.net page. The data that is changed in the popup window will be
    > saved to the datastore that is loaded and displayed by the parent page. In
    > order to refresh the parent page, I would like to raise an event in the
    > popup (child) page that is subscribed to by the parent so that I can

    rebind
    > the data in the parent page once the data in the child window data is

    saved.

    Ashish M Bhonkiya, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Earl Teigrob

    Earl Teigrob Guest

    Earl Teigrob, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Earl Teigrob

    Earl Teigrob Guest

    Thanks Ashish...but I figured that much. I could really use some info on
    raising an event in the child window that calls the event handler in the
    parent window. Any ideas???

    Earl

    Earl Teigrob, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Hi

    Call a function
    window.opener.FUNCTION();
    Click a btn
    window.opener.document.forms[0].BUTTONNAME.click();
    Reload opener
    window.opener.location.reload(true);

    --
    Best Regards