Porting ASP.Net applications?

George Hester

If I install the .NET Framework in Windows 2000 Server (no IE 6 in that) but develop the applications in Windows 2000 Professional (IE 6 in that) can I just bring over the applications developed in Windows 2000 Professional to Windows 2000 Server and have them work in Windows 2000 Server? Will there be any loss in functionality if I do this? Thanks.

Guest

Hi George,

That's a very common development scenario... develop and build on a Pro
machine and copy to the Server version for product use.

There should be no difficulty as long as the two machines have the same
version of the .NET Framework installed.

Ken

S. Justin Gengo

Greg,

Not quite the same, but I develop on Windows XP Pro and deploy to both
Windows 2000 and 2003 servers.

You shouldn't have any problems whatsoever. (As long as the .net framework
is installed on all... :) )

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
If I install the .NET Framework in Windows 2000 Server (no IE 6 in that) but
develop the applications in Windows 2000 Professional (IE 6 in that) can I
just bring over the applications developed in Windows 2000 Professional to
Windows 2000 Server and have them work in Windows 2000 Server? Will there
be any loss in functionality if I do this? Thanks.

Lucas Tam

If I install the .NET Framework in Windows 2000 Server (no IE 6 in
that) but develop the applications in Windows 2000 Professional (IE 6
in that) can I just bring over the applications developed in Windows
2000 Professional to Windows 2000 Server and have them work in Windows
2000 Server? Will there be any loss in functionality if I do this?

Occasionally there will be odd quirks... i.e. certain WMI classes don't
return certain information on certain platforms. However, in general you
shouldn't have too much trouble.