Posting to a non-rendering Page

Guest

Back in the earlier days of ASP it was easy for an HTML page (let's call it
page H) to post to an ASP page (we will call it page A), and then wire page A
so that based on what was posted by page H, transfer/redirect to either page
B or page C.
What I want to know is how does this scenio now work in ASP.NET 2.0? Do you
wire the code for determining which page to go to in the onload event handler
for page A or what?

Thanks in advance

T.

Hans Kesting

Back in the earlier days of ASP it was easy for an HTML page (let's call it
page H) to post to an ASP page (we will call it page A), and then wire page A
so that based on what was posted by page H, transfer/redirect to either page
B or page C.
What I want to know is how does this scenio now work in ASP.NET 2.0? Do you
wire the code for determining which page to go to in the onload event handler
for page A or what?

Thanks in advance

T.

Regular scenario:
- page H is an aspx page, containing input controls ans one or more
buttons.
- when the user clicks on a button, the page posts back to itself!
- in the OnClick handler for that button you process the input,
possibly ending in a redirect to B or C

Hans Kesting

Guest

Thanks Hans for the regular scenario. How about my scenario though, I want
page H to be HTML that posts to a non-rendering ASP page just for processing

T.

Hans Kesting

Thanks Hans for the regular scenario. How about my scenario though, I want
page H to be HTML that posts to a non-rendering ASP page just for processing

T.

In that case it's as you thought:

In the Page_Load, read the Request to find out all posted values and
act accordingly.

Hans Kesting