    for page A or what?

    Thanks in advance

    T.
    =?Utf-8?B?VC4=?=, Mar 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VC4=?=

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Re: =?UTF-8?B?UG9zdGluZyB0byBhIG5vbi1yZW5kZXJpbmcgUGFnZQ==?=

    > Back in the earlier days of ASP it was easy for an HTML page (let's call it
    > page H) to post to an ASP page (we will call it page A), and then wire page A
    > so that based on what was posted by page H, transfer/redirect to either page
    > B or page C.
    > What I want to know is how does this scenio now work in ASP.NET 2.0? Do you
    > wire the code for determining which page to go to in the onload event handler
    > for page A or what?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > T.

    Regular scenario:
    - page H is an aspx page, containing input controls ans one or more
    buttons.
    - when the user clicks on a button, the page posts back to itself!
    - in the OnClick handler for that button you process the input,
    possibly ending in a redirect to B or C

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Thanks Hans for the regular scenario. How about my scenario though, I want
    page H to be HTML that posts to a non-rendering ASP page just for processing

    T.

    =?Utf-8?B?VC4=?=, Mar 9, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VC4=?=

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Re: =?UTF-8?B?UG9zdGluZyB0byBhIG5vbi1yZW5kZXJpbmcgUGFnZQ==?=

    > Thanks Hans for the regular scenario. How about my scenario though, I want
    > page H to be HTML that posts to a non-rendering ASP page just for processing
    >
    > T.

    In that case it's as you thought:

    In the Page_Load, read the Request to find out all posted values and
    act accordingly.

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Mar 9, 2006