PPM through Proxy (Activeperl / Activestate)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by nasir, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. nasir

    nasir Guest

    hi, i have just installed the latest Activeperl from activestate.com
    and need to add some modules through PPM. I am behind a firewall and
    forced to go through a proxy (IE Settings are Automatic Proxy
    Configuration URL (something like http://server.domain.com/proxy.pac).

    I am unable to install package through PPM surely because of this proxy
    problem, how can I tell PPM to use the PROXY settings in IE or define
    proxy URL manually in PPM?

    ppm> install Net::Telnet
    Error: No valid repositories:
    Error: 500 Can't connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown
    error)
    Error: 500 Can't connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown
    error)

    by the way I have defined the Environment Variable in my Windows 2000
    Professional box as described in aspn.activestate.com but no luck. As I
    said, IE needs Automatic Proxy configuration URL along with a .pac file

    please suggest.

    nasir, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Hello,

    nasir wrote:

    > hi, i have just installed the latest Activeperl from activestate.com
    > and need to add some modules through PPM. I am behind a firewall and
    > forced to go through a proxy (IE Settings are Automatic Proxy
    > Configuration URL (something like http://server.domain.com/proxy.pac).
    >
    > I am unable to install package through PPM surely because of this proxy
    > problem, how can I tell PPM to use the PROXY settings in IE or define
    > proxy URL manually in PPM?
    >
    > by the way I have defined the Environment Variable in my Windows 2000
    > Professional box as described in aspn.activestate.com but no luck. As I
    > said, IE needs Automatic Proxy configuration URL along with a .pac file
    >
    > please suggest.

    I only can suggest to download the ppm packages from Activestate and
    install them manualy.

    ppm install Some-Module.ppd

    --
    regards,
    Reinhard

    Reinhard Pagitsch, Jul 15, 2005

  3. nasir

    nasir Guest

    yes, i finally did that. Anyways it is a kind of manual method but
    there seems to be no work around unless they make PPM, "Automatic Proxy
    config URL" enabled

    thank you

    nasir, Jul 15, 2005
  4. nasir wrote:
    > yes, i finally did that. Anyways it is a kind of manual method but
    > there seems to be no work around unless they make PPM, "Automatic Proxy
    > config URL" enabled

    No, as I know there is no work around, sorry.

    regards,
    Reinhard

    Reinhard Pagitsch, Jul 15, 2005