    Files/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84

    Line 84: "my $soap_result = $client->ppm_protocol;"

    How do I correct this error?

    mistletoe, Nov 12, 2003

  2. On 12 Nov 2003 02:35:43 -0800
    (mistletoe) wrote:

    > Command : ppm install DBI.ppd
    >
    > Error: No valid repositories: Error: 500 Can't connect to
    > ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown error) at C:/Program
    > Files/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84 Error: 500 Can't
    > connect to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown error) at
    > C:/Program Files/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84
    >
    > Line 84: "my $soap_result = $client->ppm_protocol;"
    >
    > How do I correct this error?

    Check the ActiveState support site. That's where I'd check.

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    "I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
    <they've always worked for me." -- Hunter S. Thompson

    James Willmore, Nov 13, 2003

  3. mistletoe

    Jim Mozley Guest

    mistletoe wrote:

    > Command : ppm install DBI.ppd
    >
    > Error: No valid repositories: Error: 500 Can't connect to
    > ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown error) at C:/Program
    > Files/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84 Error: 500 Can't connect
    > to ppm.ActiveState.com:80 (connect: Unknown error) at C:/Program
    > Files/Perl/site/lib/PPM/Repository.pm line 84
    >
    > Line 84: "my $soap_result = $client->ppm_protocol;"
    >
    > How do I correct this error?

    Is the issue one of connectivity to the activestate pp site, form the
    error above it seems to indicate you cannot connect to it. Is there a
    firewall or similar preventing you from reaching it?

    Jim

    Jim Mozley, Nov 13, 2003
  4. mistletoe

    mistletoe Guest

    I am able to connect to the ppm.activestate.com website.

    I was able to download the perl modules that i required individually.
    However after unzipping and unpacking them I don't know which files
    and which folders to put into the lib folder.

    Ranjith.

    mistletoe, Nov 13, 2003
  5. On 13 Nov 2003 03:43:04 -0800
    (mistletoe) wrote:

    > I am able to connect to the ppm.activestate.com website.
    >
    > I was able to download the perl modules that i required
    > individually. However after unzipping and unpacking them I don't
    > know which files and which folders to put into the lib folder.
    >
    > Ranjith.

    That wasn't the point of my post. The point was you stated you got
    an error while using PPM. And *maybe* you should consult the
    ActiveState Knowledgebase to see what you could do to correct the
    problem.

    PPM is not pure Perl - using CPAN is. PPM is something ActiveState
    put together - so you don't have to compile the module yourself.

    This all, of course, is just my take on it :)

    To answer directly where to put the files - again, you should go to
    ActiveState's web site and see what's posted there - since they put
    the whole distribution together. I have a guess, but it's only a
    guess. I normally compile the modules or can use PPM through our
    firewall at work. So, I have little experience with your issue.

    OTOH, does the documentation that came with the ActiveState install
    (specifically, PPM) address this situation? I think ActiveState
    already thought this situation might arise.

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    "Die? I should say not, dear fellow. No Barrymore would allow
    such a conventional thing to happen to him." -- John
    Barrymore's dying words

    James Willmore, Nov 13, 2003
  6. mistletoe

    Helgi Briem Guest

    On 13 Nov 2003 03:43:04 -0800,
    (mistletoe) wrote:

    >I am able to connect to the ppm.activestate.com website.

    You probably need to set your proxy server, as detailed
    in the Activeperl documentation:
    file:///C:/Perl/html/faq/ActivePerl-faq2.html#ppm_and_proxies

    >I was able to download the perl modules that i required individually.
    >However after unzipping and unpacking them I don't know which files
    >and which folders to put into the lib folder.

    Don't do that. It won't work except by accident.

    Helgi Briem, Nov 13, 2003