Problem Executing in Debug Mode

rob

I have searched for MANY hours on the web but couldn't find any
solution to the following problem:

When I start my ASP.NET application with F5 I get the following error:

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
web server. Click Help for more information."

I did go throught he help and tried everything without success. I have
also searched a LOT on the web and tried most of what was suggested
although these problems were not directly related, i.e. the error
messages to these problems usually had more information like "The
project is not configured to be debugged", "Access denied", etc.

Note that I can run this application in debug mode on my Windows
Server 2003. I only have problems when I copy the latest version over
to my laptop which runs Windows XP Prof. As far as I can tell IIS etc
is setup correctly on my laptop. I can actually run the app - just not
in debug mode. Any help is HIGHLY appreciated.

Rob

Natty Gur

Hi,

I list all the related KB that I know :

1) KB-817034 : PRB: "Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server" Error
Message While You Debug ASP.NET Applications" - (IIS) is set to Basic
authentication.

2) KB-306163 : PRB: "Unable to Start Debugging" Error Message When You
Send Debug HTTP Request
- Error in web.config file.

3) KB-306165 : PRB: "Unable to Start Debugging on the Web Server" Error
Message When You Debug ASP.NET Applications
- (IIS) is not running or is not functioning properly.

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377