Problem in visual studio: Required permissions...

jhcorey

(I had posted this in the vsnet.studio group without a response.)

We have VS with framework 1.1 on an xp machine, and this was working
fine the last time we used it, which was probably several months ago.

Now we cannot create new projects, and keep getting an error,
"Required permissions cannot be acquired".
We tried created a windows app, but got the error when we tried to add
a new form.
We tried to create a web app, and the toolbox was empty of web forms.
We can open an existing app, and work with it, but when we try to use
the file/open project menu item, all items are disabled.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Jim

Kevin Spencer

Have you tried doing a repair of VS.Net?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP