visual studio 2005

Guest

Hi all,
I must be out of my mind.
I used visual studio .net 2003 before and I installed 2005 a while back, but
seldom to use it. Recently I was required to start to learn C# asp.net.
So I tried to open a web application project in 2005. but I cannot find any
asp.net web application or asp.net web services project templates which I can
see them in .net 2003. What's going on? did I miss anything when I installed?
is there any easy way to add them?

Thank you.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Betty,

Nice to see you here.

The problem you mentioned is because ASP.NET 2.0/VS 2005 (different from
ASP.NET 1.X/VS 2003) by default use a "Web Site" based project model.
Therefore, you need to use "File-->New--> Web Site...." instead of
"New--->Projecct" to create ASP.NET 2.0 web application. Here is a good
blog entry introduce it:

#VS 2005 Web Project System: What is it and why did we do it?
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/21/423201.aspx

Also, after you installed VS 2005 SP1, you'll also get a "Project" type
like the VS 2003 web application(that can be created through
"New-->Project...".

#Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project Option
http://webproject.scottgu.com/

For getting start on ASP.NET or the Visual Web Developer tool, here are
some good resources:

#Get Started with ASP.NET
http://www.asp.net/get-started/

#Get Started with Visual Web Developer
http://www.asp.net/Guided-Tour/

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

Guest

Hi Steven,
Thank you so much for the reply and information. I got it. Will start to
learn asp.net 2.0. Great help.
--
Betty