Web Service template on Visual studio 2005

Oriane

Hi there,

I've installed Visual Studio 2005 on a XP machine with IIS and Asp.Net
installed. I don't have the "Web service" template when I create a new
project.

Any hint ?

Regards

Juan T. Llibre

Are you looking for the template in the right place ?

"File", "New Project" ( or Ctrl-Shift-N ), Visual Basic, Web, "ASP.NET Web Service Application".

or

"File", "New Project" ( or Ctrl-Shift-N ), Visual C#, Web, "ASP.NET Web Service Application"

or

"File", "New Project" ( or Ctrl-Shift-N ), Visual C++, CLR, "ASP.NET Web Service"

???

If not, try to reset your default project settings :

"Tools", "Import and Export Settings", select "Reset all settings",
save your current settings, and select "Web Development settings".

Oriane

Hi Juan,

Juan T. Llibre said:
Are you looking for the template in the right place ? Yes
If not, try to reset your default project settings :
No change...
I think I have to install the SP1...

Thanks

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

Salut Oriane,
Hi Juan,

No change...
I think I have to install the SP1...

Thanks

By default, VS2005 comes without Web Application project, which would
contain the "new project / web service" option. In VS2005 default
installation, you must choose the "New website" option instead.

Since this is a pain, you have two choices: Install SP1 (recommended),
or if you really don't want or cannot install SP1, you can install the
Web Application Project add-on, available at
http://webproject.scottgu.com/

Note that if you choose to install SP1 at a later point, you must remove
the Web Application Project add-on first.

HTH,
Laurent