Problem running a service when moved from test to production.

WinDev

One of my guys is having a problem where when he moved a webservice from our
devo system to our production server he is now getting the following error:

Server was unable to process request. --> Unable to generate a temporary
class (result=1).\nerror CS2001: Source file
'C:\\WINDOWS\\TEMP\\yyydqrw2.0.cs' could not be found\nerror CS2008: No
inputs specified\n

We've looked a the MS documentation and it says that the ASP.Net account
doesn't have rights to the Windows\Temp directory. But it does have rights to
it. We've actually given everybody full rights to this directory to test it.

We are at a loss as far what else to check.

Can anybody help?

TIA - J.

CaffieneRush

Let me guess, was IIS installed after the .NET framework on the
production machine?
If that is the case, run aspnet_regiis -i to reinstall ASP.Net on the
local machine.

Andy

UJ

That fixed it. Thanks!

Let me guess, was IIS installed after the .NET framework on the
production machine?
If that is the case, run aspnet_regiis -i to reinstall ASP.Net on the
local machine.

Andy

CaffieneRush

It's my pleasure.

I hope you remembered to tightened the file security on temp dir back
to the way it was before diagnosing the problem.

Andy