Problems moving to IIS 6

Jason Barnett

We have been running a website on a Windows 2000 server (with IIS 5) and are
trying to migrate to Windows 2003 (with IIS 6). ASP pages that once worked
on the old server do not work on the new one. The pages appear, but
incorrectly -- textbox fields don't show, buttons aren't their correct size,
etc.. Does anyone have any insight on how I can correct this problem? I've
looked into permissions and IIS entry settings, but I am somehow missing
something.

Jeff Cochran

We have been running a website on a Windows 2000 server (with IIS 5) and are
trying to migrate to Windows 2003 (with IIS 6). ASP pages that once worked
on the old server do not work on the new one. The pages appear, but
incorrectly -- textbox fields don't show, buttons aren't their correct size,
etc.. Does anyone have any insight on how I can correct this problem? I've
looked into permissions and IIS entry settings, but I am somehow missing
something.

If the pages appear but elements are incorrectly sized, it's not an
ASP issue. Or an IIS one. The obvious changes are security based, web
extensions are a major issue with ASP on IIS6. Custom components may
not function as expected, or may not be registered.

Given the specific detail you've provided, there's no way to even
guess what's wrong. Try posting the code in a client-side group for
help. Make sure you use the actual View Source code, and
Response.Write variables and statements to make sure they contain what
you believe they should.

Jeff