    What book can you recommend for an intermediate/advanced programmer on the
    subject of Programming the Java 2D API?

    Thank you

    Martijn Mulder, Jun 19, 2010

  2. Martijn Mulder

    Fimme Guest

    "Martijn Mulder" <i@m> schreef in bericht
    news:4c1cd5fa$0$77902$...
    > What is the best book on programming the Java 3D API? I am experienced in
    > OpenGL, DirectX and XNA in other settings. I have the book 'The Java 3D
    > API Specification, Second Edition from Sun.
    >
    > What book can you recommend for an intermediate/advanced programmer on the
    > subject of Programming the Java 2D API?
    >
    > Thank you

    My knowledge is not up to date, and the books are not strictly about the
    API, but I use:

    Manning: Daniel Selman, Java 3d Programming, 2002, ISBN 1-930110-35-9
    (Good introduction, a classic.)

    O'Reilly: Andrew Davison, Killer Game Programming in Java, 2005, ISBN
    0-596-00730-2
    (Nice and instructive codeexamples, also if your focus is not in gaming, as
    in my case, about € 36,-)

    Books that have nothing to do with Java 3D, but help me with
    matrix-manipulation:
    Morgan Kaufman/Elsevier: Eberly, 3D Game Engine design, 2007, ISBN 13:
    978-0-12-229063-3 or 10: 0-12-229063-1
    (about € 62,-)

    Wiley: Anton, Rorres, Elementary Linear Algebra, 1994. Ooit bij "de Slechte"
    gekocht.

    For Java 2D I use the Deitel-books.

    H. groeten, Hans de Jong

    Fimme, Jul 28, 2010

  3. Martijn Mulder

    Simon Brooke Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:34:11 +0200, Fimme wrote:

    > O'Reilly: Andrew Davison, Killer Game Programming in Java, 2005, ISBN
    > 0-596-00730-2
    > (Nice and instructive codeexamples, also if your focus is not in
    > gaming, as
    > in my case, about € 36,-)

    I'd second that recommendation. A much better book than its title implies.

    --

    ;; Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundam variat

    Simon Brooke, Jul 28, 2010