    [No, non, no! What is the quick and easiest path to set up a Python wiki?]

    Eric Pederson
    '''wanting to get wik'ed, easy'''
    Eric @ Zomething, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Eric @ Zomething

    Doug Holton Guest

    Eric @ Zomething wrote:
    > I am looking for guidance on the quick and easiest path to set up a Python wiki.

    (and wiki hosting)

    You need to purchase a shared web hosting account that allows you to run
    CGI scripts and gives you shell access (not just ftp access, you connect
    using an ssh client), such as at pair.com, but of course there are other
    hosts to choose from.

    Then you can install moinmoin or phpwiki or pmwiki or whatever you want.

    But here are some free solutions:
    -www.seedwiki.com lets you start a wiki for free
    -if you have a cable internet connection and the cable provider allows
    it, you can run the wiki engine off your own computer. There are some
    standalone wiki engines that make that easier, but installing the apache
    web server and php/python is easy too. Then use a service like
    http://www.zoneedit.com/ so you have a permanent domain name to point
    people to your wiki.
    Doug Holton, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Eric @ Zomething

    Wilk Guest

    Doug Holton <> writes:

    > Eric @ Zomething wrote:
    >> I am looking for guidance on the quick and easiest path to set up a Python wiki.

    > (and wiki hosting)
    >
    > You need to purchase a shared web hosting account that allows you to
    > run CGI scripts and gives you shell access (not just ftp access, you
    > connect using an ssh client), such as at pair.com, but of course there
    > are other hosts to choose from.

    Why do you say that he need a shell access ?

    --
    Wilk - http://flibuste.net
    Wilk, Jun 5, 2004