    Any experience, advice, hope is welcome.
    Thanks.
    Sandipan
    Sandipan News, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Hi!

    Perso, on Vista, I :
    - deactive UAC
    - deactive firewall (I have a rooter)
    - run all like Administrator
    - install all in other DIR than "Program Files"

    Result : no problem.
    Méta-MCI \(MVP\), Aug 29, 2007

  3. Sandipan News

    Guest

    On Aug 28, 8:20 pm, "Sandipan News" <> wrote:
    > What do I do? Can't do without Python!
    > Any experience, advice, hope is welcome.
    > Thanks.
    > Sandipan

    You need to post the error traceback along with some more information
    so the community can help.

    Mike
    , Aug 29, 2007
  4. Sandipan News

    Larry Bates Guest

    Sandipan News wrote:
    > What do I do? Can't do without Python!
    > Any experience, advice, hope is welcome.
    > Thanks.
    > Sandipan

    If you are asking if you can run COM objects created in Python on Windows Vista
    Ultimate, the answer is yes. I have several.

    -Larry
    Larry Bates, Aug 29, 2007
  5. Here is the log at the end of the install:

    Copied pythoncom25.dll to C:\Outils\Python\pythoncom25.dll
    Copied pywintypes25.dll to C:\Outils\Python\pywintypes25.dll
    You do not have the permissions to install COM objects.
    The sample COM objects were not registered.
    -> Software\Python\PythonCore\2.5\Help[None]=None
    -> Software\Python\PythonCore\2.5\Help\Pythonwin
    Reference[None]='C:\\Outils\\Python\\Lib\\site-packages\\PyWin32.chm'
    Creating directory C:\Outils\Python\Lib\site-packages\win32com\gen_py
    Shortcut for Pythonwin created
    Shortcut to documentation created
    The pywin32 extensions were successfully installed.

    Sandipan News, Aug 30, 2007
  6. How do I deactivate UAC and Router?

    I did run as Administrator and installed both Python and Pythonwin into
    c:\Python25\

    This is the error I got ...

    Sandipan News, Aug 30, 2007
  7. Here are some steps I used to finally successfully install Python and
    Pythonwin on Vista Ultimate:

    1. Uninstalled Python (could not see a way to uninstall Pythonwin)
    2. Installed Python again (.MSI does not provide option to run as
    Administrator)
    3. Rebooted computer
    4. Installed Pythonwin with right click option "Run as Administrator" - This
    was different from the last time I installed this.

    Copied pythoncom25.dll to C:\Windows\system32\pythoncom25.dll
    Copied pywintypes25.dll to C:\Windows\system32\pywintypes25.dll
    Registered: Python.Interpreter
    Registered: Python.Dictionary
    Registered: Python
    -> Software\Python\PythonCore\2.5\Help[None]=None
    -> Software\Python\PythonCore\2.5\Help\Pythonwin
    Reference[None]='C:\\Python25\\Lib\\site-packages\\PyWin32.chm'
    Shortcut for Pythonwin created
    Shortcut to documentation created
    The pywin32 extensions were successfully installed.

    This time, no errors.

    5. Started up a Python script from a directory using right-click | Open With
    | Pythonwin.exe and it works fine.

    Earlier it was giving an error about not being able to locate win32ui.pyd.

    I did not touch UAC or Router/Rooter/Firewall ... I did not know how to.

    Thanks.

    Sandipan

    Sandipan News, Sep 2, 2007