    (movable objects like windows into which is possible to display web
    pages). Have you got any suggestion? Any suggested IDE?

    Thank you for your help

    carmelo, Mar 27, 2009

  2. carmelo

    David Segall Guest

    carmelo <> wrote:

    >Hi everybody,
    >I need to develop rapidly a RIA (rich internet application), which
    >must be full-ajax and, possibly, which works with window containers
    >(movable objects like windows into which is possible to display web
    >pages). Have you got any suggestion? Any suggested IDE?

    Netbeans <http://www.netbeans.org/features/web/web-app.html> includes
    WYSIWYG designer for JSF pages and ICEFaces Ajax enabled components.
    Since you posted in a Java group I'm assuming you want Java as the
    server-side language. Otherwise, cf <http://www.asp.net/>.

    David Segall, Mar 28, 2009

  3. David Segall wrote:
    > carmelo <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi everybody,
    >> I need to develop rapidly a RIA (rich internet application), which
    >> must be full-ajax and, possibly, which works with window containers
    >> (movable objects like windows into which is possible to display web
    >> pages). Have you got any suggestion? Any suggested IDE?

    > Netbeans <http://www.netbeans.org/features/web/web-app.html> includes
    > WYSIWYG designer for JSF pages and ICEFaces Ajax enabled components.
    > Since you posted in a Java group I'm assuming you want Java as the
    > server-side language. Otherwise, cf <http://www.asp.net/>.

    Added to this you could also investigate portlets.

    AHS

    Arved Sandstrom, Mar 28, 2009
  4. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    On 28 Mar, 03:46, David Segall <> wrote:
    > Netbeans <http://www.netbeans.org/features/web/web-app.html> includes
    > WYSIWYG designer for JSF pages and ICEFaces Ajax enabled components.
    > Since you posted in a Java group I'm assuming you want Java as the
    > server-side language. Otherwise, cf <http://www.asp.net/>.

    Yes David, I need to develop it in Java. I saw that Netbeans make the
    life easier with the WYSIWYG designer for JSF pages and ICEFaces Ajax
    components. But I saw that applications made with the ICEFaces
    framework don't run on Tomcat, they run on Glassfish. I'd like to
    develop a web application which can run on Tomcat...

    carmelo, Mar 28, 2009
  5. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    On 28 Mar, 04:47, Arved Sandstrom <> wrote:
    > Added to this you could also investigate portlets.
    >
    > AHS

    What do you think about Rialto (Rich Internet Application Toolkit),
    which is an ajax-based javascript widgets library ?
    I saw that it can be used to develop form based UI... My need is to
    develop a form based UI (with draggable windows).

    carmelo, Mar 28, 2009
  6. carmelo

    David Segall Guest

    carmelo <> wrote:

    >On 28 Mar, 03:46, David Segall <> wrote:
    >> Netbeans <http://www.netbeans.org/features/web/web-app.html> includes
    >> WYSIWYG designer for JSF pages and ICEFaces Ajax enabled components.
    >> Since you posted in a Java group I'm assuming you want Java as the
    >> server-side language. Otherwise, cf <http://www.asp.net/>.

    >Yes David, I need to develop it in Java. I saw that Netbeans make the
    >life easier with the WYSIWYG designer for JSF pages and ICEFaces Ajax
    >components. But I saw that applications made with the ICEFaces
    >framework don't run on Tomcat,

    A Tomcat server supports ICEfaces -
    <http://www.icefaces.org/main/ajax-java/platforms.iface>. Indeed, the
    cheapest support contract, if you need one, _only_ supports Tomcat
    <http://www.icesoft.com/products/ICEfacesDatasheetv1-3.pdf> so I think
    you can assume that it is the easiest application server to support.

    David Segall, Mar 28, 2009
  7. carmelo wrote:
    > On 28 Mar, 03:46, David Segall <> wrote:
    >> Netbeans <http://www.netbeans.org/features/web/web-app.html> includes
    >> WYSIWYG designer for JSF pages and ICEFaces Ajax enabled components.
    >> Since you posted in a Java group I'm assuming you want Java as the
    >> server-side language. Otherwise, cf <http://www.asp.net/>.

    > Yes David, I need to develop it in Java. I saw that Netbeans make the
    > life easier with the WYSIWYG designer for JSF pages and ICEFaces Ajax
    > components. But I saw that applications made with the ICEFaces
    > framework don't run on Tomcat, they run on Glassfish. I'd like to
    > develop a web application which can run on Tomcat...

    ICEFaces doesn't care:

    Arved Sandstrom, Mar 28, 2009
  8. Ciao carmelo,

    I recommend you to consider MyEclipse IDE plugin
    (http://www.myeclipseide.com/) which does a great job in the Web
    develop-deploy-test-debug cycle e.g. it allows code changes to load
    automatically, it also runs any Web Server embedded in the Eclipse IDE. It
    has very nice support for JSP, XML and javascript debugging. They have good
    support for JSF and Struts 1.x with many wizards and they were sometime ago
    even considering to add support for Struts 2.x as well. Their price is
    reasonable and you can get a trial version.

    Checkout all features here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-1.html

    On the down side some of their features are not so good e.g. their UML tool
    is very primitive and buggy, so I use JUDE for this purpose.

    HTH,
    Saluti,
    Giovanni

    Giovanni Azua, Mar 28, 2009
  9. carmelo

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    carmelo wrote:
    > I need to develop rapidly a RIA (rich internet application), which
    > must be full-ajax and, possibly, which works with window containers
    > (movable objects like windows into which is possible to display web
    > pages). Have you got any suggestion? Any suggested IDE?

    You want a super flashy web GUI developer very rapidly?

    That is ambitious!

    Your best options within the Java world would be one of:
    * a JSF implementation with good AJAX builtin support
    * code the client side using GWT

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 29, 2009
  10. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    On 28 Mar, 17:28, Steve Sobol <> wrote:
    > I use JBoss RichFaces and Eclipse (richfaces.org, eclipse.org) which
    > may do what you want. I use the JBoss Tools Eclipse plugin to edit
    > RichFaces and other JSF pages.
    >
    > It sucks that Red Hat requires a login to view the RichFaces demo, which I
    > frequently refer back to when I need to look up syntax, etc. But I haven't
    > gotten around to whining at Red Hat yet.
    >
    > RichFaces seems to be pretty complete, and renders pages quickly.
    >
    > --
    > Steve Sobol, Victorville, California, USA

    Thank you Steve.
    What do you think about IceFaces using the Netbeans IceFaces plugin?

    Cheers
    Carmelo

    -
    http://carmelosaffioti.blogspot.com
    -

    carmelo, Mar 29, 2009
  11. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    On 29 Mar, 03:43, Arne Vajhøj <> wrote:
    > carmelo wrote:
    > > I need to develop rapidly a RIA (rich internet application), which
    > > must be full-ajax and, possibly, which works with window containers
    > > (movable objects like windows into which is possible to display web
    > > pages). Have you got any suggestion? Any suggested IDE?

    > You want a super flashy web GUI developer very rapidly?
    >
    > That is ambitious!
    >
    > Your best options within the Java world would be one of:
    > * a JSF implementation with good AJAX builtin support
    > * code the client side using GWT
    >
    > Arne

    Thank you Arne for your answer.
    What do you think may be a JSF implementation with good AJAX builtin
    support?
    And what do you think about IceFaces using the Netbeans IceFaces
    plugin?

    Cheers
    Carmelo

    -

    carmelo, Mar 29, 2009
  12. carmelo

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    carmelo wrote:
    > On 29 Mar, 03:43, Arne Vajhøj <> wrote:
    >> carmelo wrote:
    >>> I need to develop rapidly a RIA (rich internet application), which
    >>> must be full-ajax and, possibly, which works with window containers
    >>> (movable objects like windows into which is possible to display web
    >>> pages). Have you got any suggestion? Any suggested IDE?

    >> You want a super flashy web GUI developer very rapidly?
    >>
    >> That is ambitious!
    >>
    >> Your best options within the Java world would be one of:
    >> * a JSF implementation with good AJAX builtin support
    >> * code the client side using GWT

    > Thank you Arne for your answer.
    > What do you think may be a JSF implementation with good AJAX builtin
    > support?
    > And what do you think about IceFaces using the Netbeans IceFaces
    > plugin?

    ADF, ICEFaces, RichFaces or MyFaces (with sister projects)
    all has a decent reputation.

    I am not sufficient familiar with them to say which one is
    best. And even if I were then your priorities may be different
    than mine leading to a completely different conclusion.

    Be happy that you have so many choices.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 30, 2009