RDF VS XML

Discussion in 'XML' started by Niyati, May 13, 2005.

  1. Niyati

    Niyati Guest

    Hi all,
    I am new to RDF and have some questions regarding it.
    I came to read about the advantages of RDF over XML which were:
    1) Ordering of elements is important in XML while it is not in RDF.
    2) Expressions used for Querying XML tree is more complex than they are
    in RDF tree.

    I would like to know whether these advantages are just because.. RDF
    has a compulsory schema to follow and xml has not.

    Is it the only advantage of using RDF over XML that it compells you to
    follow some schema(of subject,predicate and object) thus making
    retrieval easier?

    I would be thankful to you if you can throw some light on it...

    Thanks in advance
    Niyati

    Niyati, May 13, 2005