REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154)

Rippo

I am getting the following error when i try to open an access database
on a windows 2003 web edition machine. The site in question has been
operating sucessfully for 6 months then all of a sudden this error has
occured. I have not changed the configuration nor to my knowledge has
any new software been installed. I have installed the following updates
but still have the problem

WindowsServer2003-KB829558-x86-ENU.exe
Jet40Repl.exe

Can any onr help??

No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No error
information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80040154): No error information available:
REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80040154).]

[InvalidOperationException: The 'Micosoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is
not registered on the local machine.]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProviderError(Int32 hr) +81

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CreateProvider(OleDbConnectionString
constr) +107
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +203
wbbc.emails.dbTools.DBOpen(String connStr) +43
wbbc.emails.dbTools.startNewMeeting(DateTime theDate) +107
wbbc.emails.meetingNew.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
+198
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputButton.OnServerClick(EventArgs
e) +108

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument) +57
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
+33

Juan T. Llibre

Is this a typo :
[InvalidOperationException: The 'Micosoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'
provider is not registered on the local machine.]

Micosoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 ?

Rippo said:
[...]

Do I feel like an idiot!

Thanks for pointing that out. Sometimes the obvious passes us by.
Rippo