Replication Software?

darrel

Our new CMS we've built runs on a staging server. We then push content out
to the public server when we want to update it. That's fine for all of our
DB'ed content, as we just run stored procedures to duplicate the data
programatically, but we're not sure what the best approach is for data we're
storing in the file system (namely documents and images).

We have a product called Repliweb but we've never been able to get the tool
to execute programtically from our application. So, the best we can do is
have it replicate files every 5 minutes or so.

Anyone use and/or familiar with a simliar product that we could use in
either of two ways:

- 'live' watching...where it automatically synchs the two folders on each
server whenever
is 'sees' an update (add or deletion)

- a product that we could call from our asp.net app to 'push' items out
when they are updated

We could do the latter by simply FTPing each item from asp.net each time we
save it to the local staging server, but we're thinking there's a product
out there that should be able to handle this.

-Darrel