REQ: HTML editor to reorganize directories suitable for a CHM eBook compiler input.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by mark4asp, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. mark4asp

    mark4asp Guest

    Hello,

    I have an eBook which I need to create a CHM version for. It
    contains hundreds of HTML files.

    Can anyone recommend a HTML authoring tool which will allow me
    to create new directories and sub-directories, to move the
    required files there AND to update all links automatically
    between files (to and fro) as those files change directories?

    Eg. Should I use Dreamweaver or GoLive or something else to do
    this.

    The current book had hundreds of files which are nearly all in
    the root directory (eg. several files per chapter). I want to
    reorganize these into the following structure suitable for a CHM
    file:

    preface
    part 1
    Chapter 1
    topic 1
    topic 2
    etc.

    part 2
    etc.

    appendix
    appendix A
    appendix B
    etc.

    etc.
    mark4asp, Jan 21, 2005

  2. mark4asp

    mark4asp Guest

    GoLive works but it's a bit slow to rewrite the links when files
    are moved to new directories.

    Have people found Dreamweaver to be better for this kind of
    thing?

    mark4asp, Jan 21, 2005