    tks,
    Nicolas

    , Jun 4, 2004

  2. Alan Fitch Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I use Cadence simvision for my simulations but I noticed that i

    could
    > not reset the simulation once it started when using systemc blocs in
    > my configuration.
    >
    > My testbench uses vhdl but it uses some components writen in c++ .
    > Is there a solution , do you know if it's possible to reset

    simulation
    > with this simulator with systemc files ?
    >
    > my problem is that I'd like to carry out a batch of simulation (>
    > 1000) but it takes a long time since I have to launch simvision for
    > each simulation.

    I found that "Reinvoke Simulation" works with SystemC, but Reset
    doesn't.
    However I think that Reinvoke Simulation is possibly too slow for
    your application. Isn't there a way of reinvoking simulation, but
    attaching
    it to an existing instance of Simvision?

    Could you write a simulation that doesn't use waveforms and write a
    self-checking
    testbench instead?

    regards

    Alan

    --
    Alan Fitch
    Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
    VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Verification * Project
    Services

    Doulos Ltd. Church Hatch, 22 Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24
    1AW, UK
    Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail:

    Fax: +44 (0)1425 471573 Web:
    http://www.doulos.com

    the
    views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.

    Alan Fitch, Jun 25, 2004