restart PC.

Guest

I'm developing an asp .net solution.
Everytime I restart my PC, I get an error http 500 when trying to access the
web site.
If I try to open the solution in vs 2003, I'll get the same error.
I found out that aspnet_wp.exe won't start again.
I found a way to get control back on the .net framework by deinstalling
framework 1.1/reinstalling framework + service pack 1 + rebooting the PC.
Then, everything works fine, unitl next reboot (happens at least once a day
as I'm using a laptop).

I guess there's probably a good reason why this is happening.

Has anyone experienced the same problem ?
It's costing me a lot of time!

Thanks for your answer.

Gabriel Lozano-Morán

Aren't there any entries in the Windows Event log that might explain this?

Gabriel Lozano-Morán

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Plfleury,

From your former description, I'm thinking that it is likely the ASP.NET
environment settings (account permission or folder ACL or...) has been
changed by any services running on your machine. There're some known
problems such as some anti-virus software will corrupt the ASP.NET's
environment or security setting and make ASP.ENT out of work. Anyway, I
think we can troubleshoot from the following general steps:

1. After you reboot machine and found the asp.net not work. Try make a
simple aspx page, put some code inline(in aspx) which output some words and
put it under the IIS's default site root to see whether you can correctly
visit it and run it?

2. If the above simple page can run, we can try move some existing correct
simple web project(maybe from other machine) and deploy it in the problem
server's IIS to see whether we can get it running. If any error occurs (in
step 1 or 2), please check the detailed error message and the IIS log to
see whether there is any clues in them.

If there're any other finding or question, please feel free to post here.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Guest

Hello,

Yes I have two errors : id 1007 and 1084. Here is the message :
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account.
I'm using aspnet user account, I'm confident on its password, and acls are
correct.

The problem only occurs if I reboot my PC. Otherwise, it's fine!

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Plfleury,

Not sure whether you've noticed my last reply. Anyway, from your futher
description, I think it's very likely that some certain 3rd party software(
Anti-virus ?) has modified the ASP.NET's configuration or temporary
folder's access permission which make the default ASP.NET workerprocess
account fail to access some necessary configuration file or resources.

A simple means to detect the exact resource(file or folder) that cause the
error is to use the FileMon tool to monitor your server when try running
asp.net web application on it.

Also, if possible, you can also try turn off the anti-virus or any other
similiar softwares on your server(if exists) and before you repaired your
server and perform reboot.

If anything else unclear, please feel free to post here. Thanks,