Ruby blog software.

Lloyd Zusman

Chris Morris said:
[ ... ]

My own clWiki has a blog interface for it. I use it here:
http://www.clabs.org/blog. That said, to my knowledge it's not used much
anywhere else, so there might be lurking evil for someone else trying to
use it. For searching, it requires a DRb index process to be run
(technically it doesn't, but the non-DRb is broken right now).

I tried to download your clWiki source code from the location that you
provide on your site: http://www.clabs.org/dl/clwiki/clwiki.1.13.6.zip

However, that's a dead link. I tried the parent URL ("/dl/clwiki") and
the newest one in that directory is the previous version:
http://www.clabs.org/dl/clwiki/clwiki.1.13.5.zip

Is there anywhere I can go to get the 1.13.6 version, or should I just
stick with 1.13.5?

Thanks.

Lloyd Zusman

Frederick Ros said:
[ ... ]

You can also look at hobix (http://hobix.com - or -
http://rubyforge.org/projects/hobix/) from our beloved Why the Lucky Stiff..
It also works the way you described, and I added some code to copy
generated blog over FTP to my IPS account.
AFAIR you can use RedCloth and BlueCloth to publish ...

Frederick Ros.

I have installed hobix using the instructions given in the checklist:
http://hobix.com/learn/01.checklist.html. I made it through all of the
preliminary steps without any error. Then, I issued this command, as
specified in that checklist:

hobix post blogopotamus foobar

(where "blogopotamus" corresponds to "blaahg" and "foobar" corresponds
to "shortName").

I was properly put into an editor session, but then, after entering a
small amount of content and saving the foobar.yaml file, I got the
following exception (I am manually wrapping long lines here for ease of
reading):

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/out/quick.rb:62:in `load':
Error `undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass'
in erb /var/www/blogopotamus/skel/entry.html.quick.
(Hobix::Out::QuickError)
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/weblog.rb:411:
in `retouch'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/weblog.rb:379:
in `build_pages'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/weblog.rb:300:
in `skel_entry'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/weblog.rb:522:
in `each_with_neighbors'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/base.rb:123:
in `each'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/base.rb:123:
in `each_with_neighbors'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/weblog.rb:522:
in `skel_entry'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/weblog.rb:520:
in `each'
... 10 levels...
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/weblog.rb:362:
in `regenerate'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/hobix/commandline.rb:160:
in `post_action'
from /usr/local/bin/hobix:60:
in `call'
from /usr/local/bin/hobix:60

Do I need to have erb installed in order for this to work? If so, that
is not documented. Any other ideas of what could have caused this?

Thanks.

why the lucky stiff

Lloyd said:
I have installed hobix using the instructions given in the checklist:
http://hobix.com/learn/01.checklist.html. I made it through all of the
preliminary steps without any error. Then, I issued this command, as
specified in that checklist:

hobix post blogopotamus foobar

(where "blogopotamus" corresponds to "blaahg" and "foobar" corresponds
to "shortName").
Sorry for the delay. Did you create the 'blogopotamus' blog? It should
be listed in your ~/.hobixrc along with the path to the blog. Also
check the blog path to be sure the hobix.yaml and other directories are
listed.

If you haven't created it, use: `hobix create blogopotamus /path/to/blog'

_why